politics board? (1 Viewer)

path

Since 2000
alright

what happened to the proposal for a politics board?

cheers

people didn't want it

on the basis that having the odd political thing in with the general stuff meant that people who would normally avoid that sort of thing might be more inclined to read it

or something

Originally posted by Alex
What's the value of having a separate board? Besides, most of the time politics discussions come out from some other debate...

I think it would just provide a focus for discussions. Sometimes I come to thumped and I click on a thread link thinking it might be something else... the subject sounds interesting but then when I actually read it, it's just 'general' chat. I'm not belittling general chat on the BBS, its just that I'm not in the country (in answer to the previous question - myself and Stephen are heading to Wellington in a couple of days) and it would be good to hear whats going on with stuff like RTS, CM etc and that sort of stuff pops up here now an again. I'm going to internet cafes and dont really follow the general chat that goes on as time is limited.

Originally posted by path

I think it would just provide a focus for discussions.

... and also if you look at places like boards.ie or urban75.com (closer to thumped in ethos) their general traffic to all boards goes up with the creation of new boards.

And the argument against it - about people not reading about politics if it was on a separate board - surely the same argument could be said for a board about 'Things', 'DIY Publishing', 'Eirecore', etc? Do less people get to read about 'Things' events now that its on a separate board?

Gotta run... time is up

that sort of incisive, insightful repartee would be right suited to the politics board

if there was a politics board

Originally posted by pete
that sort of incisive, insightful repartee would be right suited to the politics board

if there was a politics board

trying to sway the electorate eh?

i like politis board but one thing i don't like about the 2 political boards i'm on are that they are american based ones mainly with other countries (mainly holland) also in there to make a nice blen dof affiars

oooh...

pointed. timely.

hats off to you, sir.

oh, even i'm sick of this.

i'm all for it.

if only because it will stop people talking politics on threads where i'm trying to talk about the sugababes and spencer from big brother.

ahem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back