Poets Of Rhythmn - Whelans - Thurs 7th June (1 Viewer)

Dan_Ruben

Website
www.therubens.net
Choice Cuts Presents….

The
Poets Of Rhythm
Thursday 7th June
Whelan’s of Wexford St.
Doors 8pm

Pre-sale tickets €12/Admission on night €15
Tickets available from All City, Big Brother, City Discs, Road Records, Sound Cellar, The Village, WAV Box Office, www.tickets.ie, www.ticketmaster.ie

The Poets Of Rhythm are a superb funk/soul/r&b group from Munich, Germany.
Heralded by DJ Shadow as his favorite live band, he signed them immediately to his own Quannum label in the late 1990's. Shadow and long-time collaborator Cut Chemist (from Jurassic 5) also produced their most widely known track “I Changed My Mind”.

Their classic 1993 album “Practice What You Preach” sounded like it could easily have come from the Southside of Chicago in the late 60's, or Memphis in the height of the Stax era. The album has since been reissued on the Daptone label, and was a huge influence on modern soul/funk-revivalist groups such as the Quantic Soul Orchestra, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings and

This gig is highly recommended for fans of The Meters, Booker T and The MGs, The Funk Brothers, James Brown Revue, DJ Shadow, Cut Chemist, Mr. Scruff and many more legendary soul and funk bands.

Together for 15 years, The Poets` 2001 LP Discern/Define (a Quannum/Ninja Tune cooperation), brought them into the ears of a whole new audience with its incredible musicianship and more experimental/psychedelic sound.

'My favourite live band' (DJ Shadow)

'Unbelievable, I love The Poets' (Mr. Scruff)
'Deep as the ocean-floor, The Poets set new standards in music and are stunning live '(Gilles Peterson)
'An exceptional band to see live, they will make all musicians envious, the best there is' (Questlove – The Roots)

If you are not familiar with this great band, please check http://www.choicecutsonline.com for their music and more information.

Press Release issued by: Dan Belton
For further information please contact: [email protected] or (087) 2102922

poetsew6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back