planet earth. (1 Viewer)

rampz

anyone see this? it was magic, particularly the african wild dogs and the shark and the polar bears. great stuff altogether.

Only came outside to watch night fall with the rain
I heard you making patterns rhyme like
Some new romantic looking for the TV sound
I'll see you're right some other time love

Look now look all around there's no sign of life
Voices another sound can you hear me now this is planet earth
You're looking at planet earth
Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop this is planet earth

My head is stuck on something precious let me know
If you're coming down to land is there
Anybody out there trying to get through
My eyes so cloudy I can't see you

Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop calling planet earth
Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop looking at planet earth

aoboa said:
Only came outside to watch night fall with the rain
I heard you making patterns rhyme like
Some new romantic looking for the TV sound
I'll see you're right some other time love

My head is stuck on something precious let me know
If you're coming down to land is there
Anybody out there trying to get through
My eyes so cloudy I can't see you

Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop calling planet earth
Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop looking at planet earth

this was the theme tune.

Jesus yeah.. it was an amazing show. I'm slightly biased as I'm the biggest david attenborough fanboy around. I mean.. the man's amazing. But the photography in this was incredible.

The bit where the great white came up from under the seal and right out of the water. Sweet jeebus.

TenRabbits said:
I'm slightly biased as I'm the biggest david attenborough fanboy around.

This always amazes me. Attenborough has made some fantastic programmes but as far as I can tell, he didn't make this one. He narrates it, but that's it.

Not to take anything away from the great attenborough, but Planet Earth was directed by Alastair Fothergill. Took him three years and everyone goes "That was amazing! Another work of genius from David Attenborough":rolleyes:

I'm not saying he's wholly responsible - but without his voiceover I think they lack something. There's just something great about his voice! I'm not saying it isn't a incredible achievement for the director and crew tho - in fact bugger fothergill - it's the cameramen who have to live in this stuff 24 hours a day that are the real heroes of it.

Yeah, it was great. Me and me mates laughed our arses off at the Birds of Paradise. Funny feckers they are!

But it was great from a serious point of view too.

Who is it who's obseesed with snow leopards over in lifestyle? Is it La La? Someone must alert her to the fact that they're on that show next week. Sunday 9.00, dudes!

TenRabbits said:
I'm not saying he's wholly responsible - but without his voiceover I think they lack something. There's just something great about his voice! I'm not saying it isn't a incredible achievement for the director and crew tho - in fact bugger fothergill - it's the cameramen who have to live in this stuff 24 hours a day that are the real heroes of it.
I agree with you but it must piss off the director/crew when everyone praises Attenborough for their 3 years of work when all he did was read their script in a comfy studio.

Wilbert said:
I agree with you but it must piss off the director/crew when everyone praises Attenborough for their 3 years of work when all he did was read their script in a comfy studio.

Well - he was on location for most of it.. so in fact he was squelching around in bat shit when the director was back in london snug as a bug in a rug! I actually think Attenborough comes up with a lot of the stuff too - he's pretty active on the investigative front.

But yes.. he does get the most praise out of it! Having said that - I've met some of the natural history unit crew and they think he's the best thing ever.. so I guess they're not too worried about it.

TenRabbits said:
I've met some of the natural history unit crew and they think he's the best thing ever.. so I guess they're not too worried about it.
Lucky feckers! That's the dream job!

TenRabbits said:
Well - he was on location for most of it.. so in fact he was squelching around in bat shit when the director was back in london snug as a bug in a rug! I actually think Attenborough comes up with a lot of the stuff too - he's pretty active on the investigative front.

But yes.. he does get the most praise out of it! Having said that - I've met some of the natural history unit crew and they think he's the best thing ever.. so I guess they're not too worried about it.

I think if Attenborough was on location for most of it, they would have shown him in the programme. I think he is just too old these days to trek around the globe.

Also, there is NO WAY that the director was tucked up in London while everyone else was freezing in the Arctic. The director would have been with the crew at all times.

But, I will agree with your praise of Attenborough. The man is brilliant.

This was great, but they can drop 'the diaries' bit at the end of it. snnnoooozzzefest. 'we captured these ariel shots in a helicopter with a real good camera' - no shit, and there was me thinkin it was cgi! after 50 minutes of amazing stuff 'tis pointless adding 10 mins of nerd fodder where a one off 'making of' would do. just completely bursts the bubble.

Last night's one was great too. Especially liked the filming under the glacier bit.
I don't have a tv these days and this is the only show I've made a point of watching at a mates. Can't wait til next week for the freshwater one.

Deserts last night. Why would any animal bother living there? It looks like a real pain in the arse.

Also, I felt there were a few too many gratuitous camel-toe shots in last nights show.

For shame, BBC.

I'm going to write a letter to Points Of View.

"Dear Points of View,
why oh why oh why...."

I thought they showed the flowers on top of those cacti at few times too often. They were cool the first time like.

Was anyone else shocked that it was the last episode till autumn? I was.

Highlight of the series so far for me was the otters annoying the crocodile. TV gold.

deafmute said:
cacti are always cool...why they stopping now?its just getting into its stride.
All those nature documentaries tend to have about 6 episodes. Mores the pity. Except the Blue Planet, that had loooads.

ill say,the snow leopards were the coolest on it though
snow-leopard-baby.jpg

i want one of those

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back