Place where you can get a book made?????!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Red_Dog

How would one go about getting a book put together?!?!? Say you wanted to get a <380 page book mainly black and white pictures and it has to look like a real book and all that , with a nice cover . Where could you get about 20 of these made.

In Dublin 20 will be expensive.

you could try here

http://www.blurb.com/

black and white doesn't look that great though. they have print profiles you can download from the website be sure to use them when you're photoshopping your images otherwise it will turn out a little greenish in the blacks. Dublin wise I'll make a list for you of printers and binders but as far as i know no one does the lot.

check the links on the flickr.com homepage

i think dudley got a sappy one made through one of those places a while back

i do restoration bookbinding at work, canvas bound - like the older stuff in the library. 20 books done by hand is quite labour intensive to bind by hand, eh... off the top of my head i'd say two weeks labour + materials. the materials if you use quality stuff are damned expensive.i've heard theres a firm in england who do it by machine for about 20stg per copy, but hand binding its probably cheaper to get 1000 done by a print house then to get 20 bound old school.

stapler2.jpg

book6.jpg

SORTED.

Niceone guys , thanks for the help. Gonna make a book and throw it in various famous peoples faces and see what happens!

Blurb is really good. Would second the recommendation ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back