Pixies in Dublin (1 Viewer)

I saw them a couple of years back in nyc, Kim didn't appear to hate Black Francis that much from what I could see. They seemed to having the chitter chatter and horsing down the pints.

Kim wore an amazingly ugly Rugby League jersey, to the general consternation of the crowd.
What the FUCK is she wearing? Fucking....ugly as fuck anyway. My fucking taxdollars should.. .. better than that... etc.
I quietly nodded, and told my mates it was in fact a RL jersey. That didn't help them grapple with its hideousness at all. The questions just kept coming. Why do Rugby League jersey's have to be so ugly though?
I told them there was a lot they didn't know about Rugby League.

The highlight of the gig was watching Joey Santiago play. I knew he was pretty decent, but, like, he's very fucking good live. I mean, really good like.
That and the fact that security gave up chasing down all the lads with spliffs after 3 minutes when it became clear that this was essentially everyone there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd6h78iFcH8&feature=autoshare_twitter"]YouTube - David Lovering of the Pixies - Magic - Dublin - 27Sept 2009[/ame]

Yeah short enough set. I didn't go, but someone on boards.ie said they started playing at 9:05 and were done at 10:07.

just over an hour. a bit expensive at €60 for 65 mins and no support.

Yeah sounds like a short gig alright but besides the length all reports coming back seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

Can't wait for Friday myself.

Not feeling the prices bands charge for these comeback gigs. General statement I know, but yeah, arseholes.

My ears are still ringing. Very good gig. Not worth 60 sqd though.

Yeah that's about right. I really enjoyed it and I'm glad I went, but 70 mins with no support was a bit of a pisstake. And Charles looked a bit bored. Kim and Dave seemed to be having loads of fun though. The Doolittle run-through was fantastic, seemed to get better as it went on too. Here's the setlist btw -

Dance The Manta Ray
Weird At My School
Bailey's Walk
Manta Ray
Debaser
Tame
Wave Of Mutilation
I Bleed
Here Comes Your Man
Dead
Monkey Gone To Heaven
Mr Grieves
Crackity Jones
La La Love You
No. 13 Baby
There Goes My Gun
Hey
Silver
Gouge Away

-----------

Wave Of Mutilation (UK Surf)
Into The White

ITW at the end sounded ENORMOUS. The best Doolittle songs for me were Dead, Monkey Gone To Heaven, Tame, Crackity Jones, Silver and Gouge Away. Or something.

I wasn't there, but I don't get people complaining about the length of gigs. It's the impact the gig has on you that counts, not how long the fucking thing lasts. And wasn't it supposed to be a doolittle gig? Count yourself lucky they played the b-sides

Oh, and Charles was looking cool as fuck. Not as cool as Joey though. My gf was quite taken with his current appearance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back