Pink Floyd's Roger Water's years (1 Viewer)

Best one?

• Saucerful of Secrets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ummagumma

• Atom Heart Mother

• The Wall

• More / Obscured By Clouds

• Total voters
which of the above albums is arnold layne from??

:p

Arnold Layne didn't make it onto an album. It did appear on Relics, but that wasn't a real album per se. More an early greatest hits.

Gilmour and Wright did Arnold Layne on Jools Holland there last year. Its on YouTube, as is the entire Live 8 performance - but that consisted of tunes that its hard not to hate due to saturation (thanks in equal parts to Waters and post Waters Pink Floyd)

The Final Cut is a fantastic album. I'm slightly biased, but as far as I'm concerned, everything Pink Floyd did before Waters left is fantastic. Everything after is crap.

Gilmour and Wright did Arnold Layne on Jools Holland there last year. Its on YouTube, as is the entire Live 8 performance - but that consisted of tunes that its hard not to hate due to saturation (thanks in equal parts to Waters and post Waters Pink Floyd)

The Final Cut is a fantastic album. I'm slightly biased, but as far as I'm concerned, everything Pink Floyd did before Waters left is fantastic. Everything after is crap.

you hate breathe, money, wish you were here and comfortably numb?!! ach yer daft, man. theyre amazing songs and the performance was sublime.

i bought gilmours 7" version of arnold layne there recently and listened to the david bowie version - its pretty bland, i didnt bother listening to rick rights version then. the version of dark globe is nice though - dg still has a lovely voice.

Animals cause Sheep is my favourite Floyd song

sheep is killer alright, i love the way the guitars burst out all over the place from all angles. its marred slightly by the noodly bits though, especially since theres no other noodling at all on the album. dogs is stunningly good.

you hate breathe, money, wish you were here and comfortably numb?!! ach yer daft, man. theyre amazing songs and the performance was sublime.

hate is the wrong word. I just find it hard to listen to them now. As I say, due to saturation. I was at the Waters gig a couple of weeks ago and found the whole thing a little bit cringeable. Sometimes I wish they'd just leave well enough alone.

Anyone see that Seven Ages of Rock or whatever it was called on BBC on Sunday night? The Floyd were on it..along with Roxy Music and David Bowie. Some good clips on there and then Waters and Gilmour talking now..no references to the split though. Waters came across slightly less pompous then usual. Watched Live at Pompei again recently and wanted to smash his face in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back