Pink Floyd to reform for Live 8 (1 Viewer)

Pink Floyd ruled last night, I was a little disapointed that they didn't play the Wall pt2, mind you my dad is now convinced that they were playing the wall pt1 when they played comfortably numb. And he calls himself a pink floyd fan

What a song, saw most of floyd last night and that show looked amazing I must say.

Jim A. Morrish said:
if i ever wrote a song like 'wish you were here' i could thereafter die a happy man, what a song!!!!!!!!!

hurrah for the tripoli, listening to the interpol.

tripoli said:
What a song, saw most of floyd last night and that show looked amazing I must say.

therecklessone said:
Fantastic!

But, did anyone notice that Richard Wright hardly featured in the TV coverage, you'd barely know he was on stage???

only gilmour and waters close ups and the odd shot of nick looking emotional! i noticed that too. i think he came up with nearly all the tunes on dark side. david gilmour still has a fine voice, doesnt he. and it was cool that they just had one extra musician on guitar, with the sax player and singer coming out when they were needed. if memory serves me the guitarist and sax player were school friends of waters, gilmour and syd too. i still cant believe how good they were! before hand i was hoping theyd do the full reunion thing butnow i couldnt give a hoot.

.|..|:):cool::D

i cant wait to get nicks book when he sticks in the new chapter about live8. must read "saucerful of secrets" again asap....

Miss Piggy said:
only gilmour and waters close ups and the odd shot of nick looking emotional!.

waters sang all the lyrics to all the songs as well, even when he was away from the mic... which was funny... 'look I know all the words too, I could really be doing this on my own'

they sounds fantastic though, really didn't expect them to be that good, Comfertably Numb was really something...

from todays daily mail...

"NICK MASON revealed how the band 'eyeballed each other' as they prepared for their first gig in 24 years 'in a slightly alarming way' but compared the reunion to 'riding a bike'. DAVE GILMOUR, meanwhile, said it was 'a bit like sleeping with your ex-wife'. Both ruled out any further reunions."

Miss Piggy said:
from todays daily mail...

"NICK MASON revealed how the band 'eyeballed each other' as they prepared for their first gig in 24 years 'in a slightly alarming way' but compared the reunion to 'riding a bike'. DAVE GILMOUR, meanwhile, said it was 'a bit like sleeping with your ex-wife'. Both ruled out any further reunions."

Of the two, I'd say Gilmour is far more likely to say fuck off to another show. From the TV coverage he never looked at Waters once.

There was one telling moment, Waters went on a wander as he is wont to do, moved towards Gilmour and the TV cameras shot away to Nick, obviously under orders to NOT show them glaring at each other.

Though I must say, of the four Waters looked the happiest to be there.

therecklessone said:
Though I must say, of the four Waters looked the happiest to be there.

happiest to be there getting clapped by millions of people

Mason and Gilmore looked like they were going to crack up everytime they caught each others eye

for all that though they sounded totally fresh and relevant, when you see the Who crawl thru a shitty set, Floyd sounded totally deadly

Richard Waters eh.

richard-gere03.jpg

I would never call myself a Pink Floyd fan, but maybe it was something to do with the significance of the day, or the fact that I hadn't gotten up off my couch since that morning and had gotten wrapped up in the whole live 8 thing, but Pink Floyd gave an absolutly outstanding performance... I actually had goosebumps 'mazin

Why did they sing all the songs that Gilmour sings? Probably because they'd all been doing that for years without Roger Waters. I thought it was great, and Waters was shaking like a leaf. He was the best, interesting voice and all. Gilmour's a bit posh. The Who were ok, what's with Pete Townshend doing stupid guitar solos? When he actually did just his crunchy banging the guitar bit, he was quite good. From this whole thing though, you'd swear music stopped at 1975 and restarted at 2001.

I concur...
But there were a lot of "bridge Gapping" bands playing elsewhere i.e. Pet Shop Boys, the Cure, Bjork et al
Cant wait to see their performances

Man, watching the Live8 footage just made me think that, musically, it might as well have been 20 years ago.
Pink Floyd did sound good though.

snakybus said:
From this whole thing though, you'd swear music stopped at 1975 and restarted at 2001.

tell you what, none of the 'young' bands were up to much... the Killers sound quite wimpy live and the guitarist should not be allowed to sing at all...

Kanye West looked shit hot in the US and Def Leppard were sort of depressing

I thoght The Who were awful, Roger Daltry looked like he was wearing a corset!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back