Pig & Heifer on Pearse St (1 Viewer)

Wheels

Website
www.delicious9.com
Popped in this lunchtime, and over hearing a recommendation from a
lady in the queue I went for one of the salad boxes. Holy jaysus. The
guy just kept piling in the stuff into very generous size container. Rice salad, mixed leaves, chick peas salad, green bean salad, puy lentils, pasta... all topped with a mound of salami (or other meat of your choice) and strawberries. All for €5.50! The veggie option is only €4.50, and to be honest the meat is almost unnecessary. Could only fit half of it on my plate. Good stuff too. Sandwiches look pretty tasty too. Wheels recommends.

5 yums out 5.

Popped in this lunchtime, and over hearing a recommendation from a
lady in the queue I went for one of the salad boxes. Holy jaysus. The
guy just kept piling in the stuff into very generous size container. Rice salad, mixed leaves, chick peas salad, green bean salad, puy lentils, pasta... all topped with a mound of salami (or other meat of your choice) and strawberries. All for €5.50! The veggie option is only €4.50, and to be honest the meat is almost unnecessary. Could only fit half of it on my plate. Good stuff too. Sandwiches look pretty tasty too. Wheels recommends.

5 yums out 5.
I used to go there alot when I worked in that area. I loved it.

Oooh, I didn't realise they had lots of salads, too. I usually go to the one on the quays, which has the self-serve salad bar. It's delicious, and you can get loads for around a fiver. They do really nice bean salads and roast spuds and stuff.

But the Pearse St one is pretty much the same distance from my work. I get coffee there sometimes on the way in, but hadn't had their salads. Yum yum.

I love the Pig and Heifer: a long-overdue place for lunch that isn't a total ripoff and uses good ingredients.

Not too hard to find. It's on the right hand side as your leaving town. It's on a corner with the appropriatly named Sandwith St. It's a good way down.

is it the green place? its never opened when i pass by.
and doesnt open weekends either by the looks of it.

is it the green place? its never opened when i pass by.
and doesnt open weekends either by the looks of it.

Yeah that's the one. It closes quite early and they probably don't open weekends as they rely on a work crowd because of it's location. The staff can be a bit stroppy, but it's worth a bit of rudeness. Best time to go is between 11 and 12, any earlier and they haven't set up all the salads and it gets lashed out it during lunch.

Also on Harcourt Hall and Amien St, though I can't vouch for them being of the same quality.

Yeah that's the one. It closes quite early and they probably don't open weekends as they rely on a work crowd because of it's location. The staff can be a bit stroppy, but it's worth a bit of rudeness. Best time to go is between 11 and 12, any earlier and they haven't set up all the salads and it gets lashed out it during lunch.

Also on Harcourt Hall and Amien St, though I can't vouch for them being of the same quality.
Amien St one isn't as good.

Got the aforementioned salad box earlier for the first time in ages. Different staff, shit mix of veg in the salad and smothered in some vile sauce that I didn't ask for. Feel kinda ill after eating less than half of it. Why does every decent food place have to go to pot in this city? :mad:

Got the aforementioned salad box earlier for the first time in ages. Different staff, shit mix of veg in the salad and smothered in some vile sauce that I didn't ask for. Feel kinda ill after eating less than half of it. Why does every decent food place have to go to pot in this city? :mad:

ah no, that makes me sad. i used to love that place when i worked near it.

i can't believe these cunts would do that to you wheels. bastards. crying as i write this.

I just moved office to Pearse St, and the start of this thread had me looking forward to salad for lunch, then BOOM! Plot twist! No salad for me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back