php mail wreck the head (1 Viewer)

Wavioli

gah, trying to set up a simple email form using php. but it keeps giving me an error message -

Warning
: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\send_simpleform.php on line 19

ive specified the correct mailserver, and port in php.ini, so what the fuck is wrong!!??

Looks like you're trying to run this on your home machine - are you?
You've set your mailserver to "localhost" - if you've no mailserver on your machine this won't work.

I never bother trying to get mail() to work on my own machine (cos I've no mailserver on it, and couldn't be arsed connecting to a remote one), it just works when I stick it up on the live server.

Oh, one thing, you've to restart apache before any changes to php.ini take effect

you're all bastards.

surely if i enter the adress of my email server it should work? ie mail.irishbroadband.ie???

thats what the cunting book i have says anyway.

i asked brian, but apparantly he knows nothing about php. then he went on some rant about how pure html is the only true path, and tryed to get me to join some weird cult or something.

trying.

Wavioli said:
surely if i enter the adress of my email server it should work? ie mail.irishbroadband.ie???
Maybe it would, but you haven't done that, according to the error you're getting:
Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\send_simpleform.php on line 19
php thinks SMTP is set to localhost. Have you restarted Apache?

ive done both a million times. sigh...

I dont know why it thinks that. stupid computer.

here's the relevant clip from php.ini:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = mail.irishbroadband.ie
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = r****.****@******.ie

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back