photos of human figures moving (1 Viewer)

Rachel666

Muybridge.jpg

if you were asked to show the human figure "moving" through photos how would you? without reverting to generic things like dancers..? its for college. all i got is muybridge and slow shutter speeds :(

A mosh pit/crowd at a gig? Would be hard to photograph properly with the bad lighting and all but it's different from just a plain dancer or athlete

Aye mulitiple exposures would be a good one, or you could be all modern and cool and take a bunch of consecutive photos and make an animated gif.

its for art tho... i kinda need something i could print and show. the multi-exposure stuff looks good n my camera does it!

its for art tho... i kinda need something i could print and show. the multi-exposure stuff looks good n my camera does it!

busy environment, tripod, slow shutter speed, long depth of field; ala this salgado pic. or you could do what I saw someone in NCAD doing, an take an exposure of a similar environment every second/half second, print them out and mount them in sequence

s04.jpg

wow cheers! im sure its asked a zillion times on this forum but where's the cheapest place to buy a tripod? none of the stand on a table shiiiite!

wow cheers! im sure its asked a zillion times on this forum but where's the cheapest place to buy a tripod? none of the stand on a table shiiiite!

I you can only see yourself using it once or twice get a cheapo one from argos, after that youre looking at 50e and up (and up and up). Theres a shop (pixels I think) on abbey st that seems to have a good range.

I always wanted to do one of those skater photoshop jobs, it might be seen as cheating a bit but they look great. You take a series of shots from a tripod of someone moving through a space and then get clipping and pasting. Never seen it used for anything else but I'm sure there's lots of creative stuff you could do...

43168136_2af0b4c970.jpg

I you can only see yourself using it once or twice get a cheapo one from argos, after that youre looking at 50e and up (and up and up). Theres a shop (pixels I think) on abbey st that seems to have a good range.

bunch of wankers in that shop, plus everythings marked up.
camera exchange are the cheapest for camera gear in dublin plus i think they still give student discounts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back