Pervez Musharraf on the Daily Show (1 Viewer)

ICUH8N

Part 1
Part 2
I still haven't reconciled myself to the notion that serving heads of state appear on comedy shows to promote their books, and shoot the breeze.

They were talking bout this on radio station 5 live the other day and the only conclusion they came too was he wnated to on one hand let his people in Pakistan know the pressure he was under from the US after 9/11 etc etc and on the other hand explain in detail how Pakistan has captured/lilled almost 1000 al-quiada operatives.
Bit like Diana bearing her soul to Martin Bashir......

There all going on here about Clintons "fury" at being asked a tough question by Fox News.

FFS

He was a little irritated and made his point clearly and forceably and here they are reacting like the world is falling apart.

It says someting about the level of political discounsr her is that is whats constitutes fury.

If they had Jeremy Paxman here there would be no Iraq war because the tough questions would have been asked 3 years ago!!

he made a lovely comment the other day about Canadians whining about losing 3 or 4 of our soldiers in Afghanistan...first off, we've lost 37..secondly, go fuck yourself Musharraf and get yr own fucking house in order.

Keith Olbermann is the latest guy to jump on the bandwagon, he's on MSNBC, and it certainly isn't comedy, but it's certainly tongue-in-cheek. This is him on Clinton Vs Fox
A bit too arch, wordy and overblown for my liking, but apparently the people over at crooksandliars think he's the bees knees.
I'm still not sure how I feel about having to tune in to a comedy programme to get one's insights into US current affairs from a left-wing perspective - it seems a little self-defeating, or at least it did until every American liberal/democrat on the internets decided that Mr Stewart was their saviour (he isn't of course)

The Daily Show is gonna save america. I'm not afraid of the U.S when i watch that show. Good interveiw.

There's the Daily Show Real Life with Bill Maher and the Colbert Report.
How is it that the only criticism of the government here - on the national airwaves at least - is comedy shows.

There is something fucked up when on side is allowed a pit bull like O'Reilley and the other has a handful of class clowns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back