PC self build recommended sites (1 Viewer)

Unless you're gonna be gaming,dont bother with a graphics card if you can help it.No need.

They cause havoc with audio threading, a lot of them do.

Mind you,in my last yoke I had a jurrasic ATI x1300 for dual monitors and it worked a treat.

I like having the dual monitors so I can leave my vsts open in one and still see my track panel..I hardly use the mix panel at all..which is the reason I wanted two monitors initially.

Should be possible to boot the computer with graphics card disabled if you want to keep one in it for gaming but silence it for recording stuff. Go to BIOS and try to start with onboard as primary display. I think.

I got a quote for £510 for this (already assembled...):

Case: Cooler Master mATX Silencio 352
CPU: Intel i7 3770
Mainboard: ASR-B75-PRO3-M
RAM: 4GB DDR3-1333MHz
HDD #1: Corsair Force LS 60GB SSD
HDD #2: 1TB
Optical Drive: DVD-RW 22x
PSU: Cooler Master G-Series G500W PSU
P & P: Included
Cost (Inc. VAT): £510.95

Does that sound like good value? Is overclocking something you should be able to do? apparently this board doesn't do it but another version does, and supports ram with higher numbers (e.g. DDR2400) that this one doesnt. I was thinking of asking for a quote with the better board and without the 1TB drive, although it'll probably mean a more expensive case, or they wont have it or something. I'm stuck with 32bit windows for the moment so there's no point getting more ram just now. Is 60gb enough for a windows disk if you use 64bit windows? Are ssd disks worth the money?

I can't use 8GB for the time being
There are graphics connectors on the motherboard

Yer one emailed me another quote since, I think it's a fancier motherboard for the extra £30 but it seems to have 4 fans which might be noisy. Then again, these cases are meant to keep the noise down.

Case: Cooler Master Silencio 550 ATX

CPU: Intel i7 3770

Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX

RAM: 4GB DDR3-1333MHz

HDD #1: Corsair Force LS 60GB SSD

HDD #2: 500GB

Optical Drive: DVD-RW 22x

PSU: Cooler Master G-Series G500W PSU

P & P: Included

Cost (Inc. VAT): £539.95

Thats a good deal.4 fans seems alot.

You don't need a GFX card with the i7's on board chip.

I'd be looking for a 120 GB SSD for the c drive.60 is useless

Is the ssd just faster for starting up or is it better all round? I don't mind waiting a few minutes for the pc to boot up if thats the only benefit. I'm trying to cut corners

cut expenses i mean

Yeah..thats basically all it is..boots in a jiffy and loads progs likewise and uses less juice so generates less heat and is silent yadda yadda.

I think you should go with it..it'll make for one super snappy modern feeling machine

Nothing to stop you at all.

Get the Ram man..I'm telling ya.You'll be future proofed

8 is loads for audio..more than enough

Its as good as you or I need.

I can run projects with 50 2 channel audio tracks no problem.

I've never had a need for more but I imagine I'd get 100

My 2c.

Don't scrimp on RAM & not getting an SSD. Both of those are the best ways of improving performance that you'll actually notice.

Get a SSD for your primary OS (my 64bit Windows 7 install clocks in at 25GB, plenty of space left if you get a 60GB SSD) & Program Files. Stick all other files on a secondary moving HD.

Great choice!

120 is the way to go imo.60 woulda done..but now you've room for all the softeware you might want to install..and given the trend for ever larger programmes..its no harm having the space.

Plus..you alway want to leave 25% empty on the c drive..

I do indeed.The DAW is only used for that..everything non essential to audio or video work is disabled..and as a result I have 1ms latency in Reaper!

And I have a shitbox lappy for the net.

What I do is this though..when I do a clean Windows install..I have the DAW online so it can download all the lastest updates during installation..then its taken offline and all networking and defender and everything else is switched off.I haent had to do a clean install since I got it though..cos I keep it in good shape

I'm obsessive about it.I need it to be running perfect or I can't get anything done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back