p.a. query re bohs (1 Viewer)

mc moley said:
best place to get a decent power amp is in maplan(good prices too cuz they aint a ripoff music store)...you'l need a mixer though...but theres my 2 cents.

Can't beat the Behringer UB range for cheap mixing desks with up to 10 mic channels these days: they won't get you girls, but they'll get the job done.

I have an absolutely rubbish 12:2 MTR desk from the late 70s/early 80s which I can never see myself using again (I think 2 channels on it need attention) - it is free if anyone wants to grab it the next time a band is playing up here and has transport to shift it. Not pleasent to use by any stretch of the imagination, but generally useable until you get something better sorted.

My current thinking on this is that in addition to benefits etc we could offer 12 season tickets for gigs where people are using the p.a.

ie

12 people who can afford it e.g. people who are working put in 50 quid each = 600 euro
this plus a couple of benefit events = PA system

In return these people get a seaon ticket giving them entry to ten gigs
(5 euro x 10) thus covering their money - it doesnt actually cost them anything.

the "price" for using the pa is that these 12 people are allowed come and get in by having their season ticket stamped til they have been to ten.

For the organisers this could mean 12 people who are at your gig without paying BUT you dont have to hand over door money to a pa company and even if they all turn up on your night this still is less than what you pay for pa if you rent it rather than use the free one, (they are unlikely to all be there on any given night).

After a few months they will have used up there 10 gigs and will be paying again and we will have a pa for the future.

All this of course depends on bohs and storage / insurance.

Any potential takers?

I'll put my name in as no. one.

bohs punks said:
My current thinking on this is that in addition to benefits etc we could offer 12 season tickets for gigs where people are using the p.a.
Any potential takers?
I'm in conor - no. two. I've just sent you a pm

mac warzonescum said:
Can't beat the Behringer UB range for cheap mixing desks with up to 10 mic channels these days: they won't get you girls, but they'll get the job done.

I have an absolutely rubbish 12:2 MTR desk from the late 70s/early 80s which I can never see myself using again (I think 2 channels on it need attention) - it is free if anyone wants to grab it the next time a band is playing up here and has transport to shift it. Not pleasent to use by any stretch of the imagination, but generally useable until you get something better sorted.

i could have a look and see what the problem is and possibly fix it if you ever get it down here. the circuitry for those things is pretty straight forward.(im a college nerd!).|..|

mc moley said:
i could have a look and see what the problem is and possibly fix it if you ever get it down here. the circuitry for those things is pretty straight forward.(im a college nerd!).|..|
i'm going up to belfast (i'm guessing thats where macs from) on 1st of april, i can collect it for you

LamStock said:
i'm going up to belfast (i'm guessing thats where macs from) on 1st of april, i can collect it for you

Yeah, Belfast - the Athens of the North - where else would I chose to live?

Sounds like a done deal to me. I warn you though, it isn't a pleasent beast to work with, but it might do for a start, until you get something a bit fancier to take its place.

LamStock said:
can i take this opportunity to ask you wheres the Spring and Airbrake? i'm travelling up to the Kerbdog gig on 1st of April (also my birthday... go figure)

Its situated just next to Katy Daly's, which is just next to the Limelight on Ormeau Avenue, off Bedford Street, about 5 minutes from the City Hall - does that help at all?

Here's the prehistoric P.O.S I'm talking about by the way -
http://www.mtraudio.com/user_guides_old.htm#Mix12/2series2

mac warzonescum said:
Its situated just next to Katy Daly's, which is just next to the Limelight on Ormeau Avenue, off Bedford Street, about 5 minutes from the City Hall - does that help at all?

Here's the prehistoric P.O.S I'm talking about by the way -
http://www.mtraudio.com/user_guides_old.htm#Mix12/2series2

perfect,

plus that actually looks like a lot of equipment, i'll be travelling up by train (just had an image of a portable sized mixer)

bohs punks said:

ie

12 people who can afford it e.g. people who are working put in 50 quid each = 600 euro
this plus a couple of benefit events = PA system

In return these people get a seaon ticket giving them entry to ten gigs
(5 euro x 10) thus covering their money - it doesnt actually cost them anything.

the "price" for using the pa is that these 12 people are allowed come and get in by having their season ticket stamped til they have been to ten.

For the organisers this could mean 12 people who are at your gig without paying BUT you dont have to hand over door money to a pa company and even if they all turn up on your night this still is less than what you pay for pa if you rent it rather than use the free one, (they are unlikely to all be there on any given night).

After a few months they will have used up there 10 gigs and will be paying again and we will have a pa for the future.

Any potential takers?

Yeah I'd be up for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back