Other Voices - Dingle, Co. Kerry (1 Viewer)

stunning

Website
www.hootnight.com
The Second Series of Other Voices - Songs from a Room the Music Series Celebrating New and Innovative Irish Voices to be filmed for RTÉ Television in Dingle, County Kerry in December.

Last year over 20 musicians gathered in the most westerly point of Ireland and performed before an audience of only 80 people in the 200 year old St James' Church in Dingle, County Kerry. Dedicated to celebrating new and innovative Irish voices the first series of Other Voices, Songs From A Room included performances from The Frames, Mundy, Damien Rice, Josh Ritter and Mark Geary and produced a highly acclaimed 13 part music series for RTE Television as well as a number 1 selling album featuring all the artists who appeared on the programme. In a region steeped in tradition and heritage that has long attracted musicians and artists from different disciplines, cutting-edge artists gathered at the most westerly point of Europe, and created an exciting and mix of modern sounds and new voices.

Following on from the success of the first series, this December from the 4th until the 10th, we're doing it all again as musicians from various backgrounds, traditions and disciplines travel to Dingle, County Kerry to celebrate the sounds and styles of Irish music and voices. Presented this year by Jerry Fish, the shows will feature performances from David Kitt, Hal, Rodrigo y Gabriela, The Jimmy Cake, The Tycho Brahe, Cara Dillon, The Handsome Family, Declan O'Rourke, Paddy Casey, Bellx1, Karan Casey, Gemma Hayes, Turn, Luka Bloom, Jerry Fish and The Mudbug Club as well as a number of special guests.

Other Voices, Songs from a Room will bring together, in one town and in one venue an unmissable opportunity to witness and experience the developing sound of Irish Music as it echoes out from the west of Ireland.

Thursday 4th December
Jerry Fish & The Mudbug Club
David Kitt

Friday 5th December
Hal
Turn
Rodrigo y Gabriella

Saturday 6th December
The Jimmy Cake
The Tycho Brahe

Sunday 7th December
Cara Dillon
The Handsome Family

Monday 8th December
Declan O'Rourke
Paddy Casey

Tuesday 9th December
Bellx1
Karan Casey

Wednesday 10th December
Gemma Hayes
Luka Bloom

All shows start at 8pm, Tickets 20 euros (only 80 seats)
This year we will have reserved seating so buy your tickets soon.
We are also offering a discount if you purchase tickets for more than one night as follows-
2 nights - 38 euros
3 nights - 54 euros
4 nights - 68 euros
5 nights - 80 euros
6 nights - 90 euros
7 nights - 98 euros
This discount is only available by post or online.

To pay for tickets by post call 087-982-9728 to reserve your seats and then send a check to-
( The check should be made out to Steve Coulter. Checks must be received within five days of your phone reservation. Please include phone, e-mail and address with the check.)

Steve Coulter
Ballinaboola
Dingle, Co. Kerry

Or to pay for tickets online first call 087-982-9728 to reserve your seats and then go to-
www.paypal.com
and transfer your payment to-
[email protected]
Registering for Paypal takes about 10 minutes and is free and secure.
Online payments must be received within two days of your phone reservation.

Or tickets can be purchased at the Dingle Record Shop on Green Street
or The Music House on Orchard Lane in Dingle from about November 18th.

If you have any questions e-mail or telephone
[email protected] 087-982-9728

(Latecomers will be seated at appropriate intervals which may be lengthy due to the filming in progress. No smoking or alcohol allowed in the church. No photography or recording allowed. Your attendance at this concert indicates your acceptance that you are willing to be filmed and have no objection to this program being broadcast.)

--
Steve Coulter
Scragg Hill Recording
Ballinaboola
Dingle, Co. Kerry
Ireland
phone 00-353-66-915-2168
mobile 087-982-9728

B&Bs in Dingle

Right. Got my flight to Kerry. Got my tickets for two of the nights...6th & 7th. Now, just need a recommended B&B in Dingle and if anyone knows if there is a bus or something from KIR airport to Dingle or something that would be helpful.

Ta,

Thomas

Re: B&Bs in Dingle

stunning said:
Right. Got my flight to Kerry. Got my tickets for two of the nights...6th & 7th. Now, just need a recommended B&B in Dingle and if anyone knows if there is a bus or something from KIR airport to Dingle or something that would be helpful.

Ta,

Thomas

How much were the flights Thomas?

stunning said:
.........and if anyone knows if there is a bus or something from KIR airport to Dingle or something that would be helpful.

Ta,

Thomas
Bus from the airport to Dingle!Ha, ha, ha....

You`ll all be passing my house on the way down so throw us a wave, or drop in for a cuppa!

Seriously though, you`ll probably have to get a bus from Faranfore to tralee and then to Dingle from there....not too long a journey.

Rimbaud said:
Bus from the airport to Dingle!Ha, ha, ha....

You`ll all be passing my house on the way down so throw us a wave, or drop in for a cuppa!

Seriously though, you`ll probably have to get a bus from Faranfore to tralee and then to Dingle from there....not too long a journey.
thye line up looks good, their's only about one act that i hate on it with a passion

Somebody tape the Handsome Family. By that I mean "Spectral Janitor, tape the Handsome Family". Or anyone else who will sit through it.

I've missed them live for the first time in two years. Bollocks, anyway.

Stunning,

I played a version of yr signature at an Open Mic in Seoul last Wednesday.

.|..|

tdt21.

TheDonnasTurn21 said:
Somebody tape the Handsome Family. By that I mean "Spectral Janitor, tape the Handsome Family". Or anyone else who will sit through it.

I've missed them live for the first time in two years. Bollocks, anyway.
will do.

its outspan-free this year!!:)

flight was 89.50 + 4 stoopid handling fee
tickets for 2 shows were 38
single room for two nights in b&b 74euro

will need taxi to tralee then bus to dingle. i'm sorted!

ta!

!baggyyyy

ps. going sat - mon
the tychos & jimmy cake
then cara & handsome family

pps. handsome family were awesome last night at the village. hate that place though.

stunning said:

still cheaper than an average night out in dublin then!

stunning said:

ta!
89euro!I would have bus-ed it down(if i was in dublin that is)....

Taxi from the airport to Tralee!
you rich???

Rimbaud said:
89euro!I would have bus-ed it down(if i was in dublin that is)....

Taxi from the airport to Tralee!
you rich???

I'm not rich, I just want you to think I am. I'm a freakin' social worker dude and I manage indie bands. Big money? Not, more like 'No money.' Certainly hope I didn't come across as being all bling bling with putting the costs of the trip up there. I was just hoping to let anyone else know what the expense might be if they wanted to go. Just thinking about it, any spare money I have comes from not drinking and not smoking...I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Anyway, the producer of Other Voices, Steve, told me the taxi from the airport to Tralee bus station would only be about 10Euro.

Also, as I've only got 48 hours or so and I'm going to fly at 7:30am on Saturday morning and be in Kerry for 8:15am(glamorous, I know), I figure I'll pay the extra 38Euro to buy back 8 hours or more of travel time on my weekend. Yeah? ...and if the train to Cork is 52Euro then the train to Kerry must be pretty dear too, no? I didn't even check actually. I just need to find out how much the bus from Tralee to Dingle is. Anyone know?

By the way, fucking deadly gig last night at the Olympia!

T

Hey - i was`nt taking a shot at you or anything!

The trains are well fuckin expensive anyway - so your saving more flying.
And the bus from Dublin to Tralee?Thats one hell of a tedious journey in itself - so your saving your sanity there.

Dingle rocks!
Don`t forget to visit Fungi!

This is from Steve Coulter of Other Voices. He was answering some questions I had about getting down there. FYI The Lighthouse is fully booked and Benners is so bling its ming. Looks pretty though. He says:

My favorite B&B is called the Lighthouse 066-9151829, it's about a 10 minute walk from the concerts on the edge of town. Benners Hotel is right in the centre as well and is probably more expensive but might give you a deal if you say it's for the concerts. All the musicians are staying there. In either case tell them I sent you as it helps me get deals later. You need to take a taxi from the airport to Tralee bus station and then get a bus. The taxi is about 10 euros I think. Or alternately rent a car for two days, it won't cost you much more than the taxi and bus and you will be able to check out the peninsula during the day. Best wishes - Steve

Steve Coulter
Scragg Hill Recording
Ballinaboola
Dingle, Co. Kerry
Ireland

stunning said:
Or alternately rent a car for two days, it won't cost you much more than the taxi and bus and you will be able to check out the peninsula during the day. Best wishes - Steve

Steve Coulter
Scragg Hill Recording
Ballinaboola
Dingle, Co. Kerry
Ireland

Rimbaud said:
Hey - i was`nt taking a shot at you or anything!

Dingle rocks!
Don`t forget to visit Fungi!

Oh Dude, I know you weren't. I hope I didn't sound snide in my reply. I was just being sarcastic, but not in an intentionally harmful or offensive way. Apologies to you.

Is fungi the dolphin? Hmmm...I might just go for a walk...I like dolphins though.

Rimbaud said:
I`d go with the car(if i could drivethat is).

I'd love to...but I'd be so nervous I wouldn't be able to enjoy the views. Sadly, I'll probably end up on some cheesified tour bus to see the peninsula. Florida's a peninsula, so it'll be like that right?

T

ps. Off to Tower for the Alphastates in-store. Must rush!

stunning said:
Oh Dude, I know you weren't. I hope I didn't sound snide in my reply. I was just being sarcastic, but not in an intentionally harmful or offensive way.
americans arnt very good at the awl sarcasim anywayz;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back