OSX and Sony Ericsson 750i (2 Viewers)

Squiggle

Born-again non-smoker
Supporter
Website
www.myspace.com
Hi. Was recently forced to upgrade my phone (thanks to a bag thief) to one of these fancy things.

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with importing MP3's. When I copied them accross from my ibook using the USB cable some of them copied just fine while others appeared to copy but the phone listed them twice (once with ._ in front of the song name) and neither version will play.

Any ideas?

Squiggle said:
Hi. Was recently forced to upgrade my phone (thanks to a bag thief) to one of these fancy things.

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with importing MP3's. When I copied them accross from my ibook using the USB cable some of them copied just fine while others appeared to copy but the phone listed them twice (once with ._ in front of the song name) and neither version will play.

Any ideas?

i just use bluetooth on the powerbook to transfer mp3's. if you are transferring songs from iTunes, they must be on or below 16.000Khz (mp3), otherwise they will not play on the phone. you can set these up in the importing area of the preferences menu.:)

Thanks THRILLHO!

That sounds good. At first I was wondering if it was a problem with my memory card - formatting or something.

Was even beginning to wonder if the phone had issues with some of my musical choices since it was targeting specific albums - even though they were ripped about the same time as others that worked fine. :)

Will download that and see how it goes.

Nope. And I've heard it from other owners of the phone.

Apparently you can go to the Sony Ericsson site and download a fix for it. But I've not bothered. Because I'm lazy. Its a pain though cause I just got a 2gb card for it and trying to put songs on it has me heart broken.

just as a metter if interest. can you get other style headphones for the phone? i find the ones that come in the box horrendous(they're not comfortable and just don't stay in my ears!

Spam Javelin said:
Nope. And I've heard it from other owners of the phone.

Apparently you can go to the Sony Ericsson site and download a fix for it. But I've not bothered. Because I'm lazy. Its a pain though cause I just got a 2gb card for it and trying to put songs on it has me heart broken.

No worries... been thinking myself lately - although the headphones are a major nuisance - might be putting an ipod mini up for sale soon if I can get a set I'm happy with. The battery life on the k750i is far superior!

And of course resolve the other problem! :)

I have a w800i and I find the process of putting songs on it a pain in the arse
I use a mac and have tryed itunemywalkman and about two others and they're all shite...

best thing is to create your own folders and lash songs into them...

the _ files piss me off, an iTunes thing i guess, any mp3's from a PC are grand...

Sometimes have to restart the phone just to get the walkman working...

shudda got an iPod and a cheap nokia
(although it rules when someone phones me on the bike)

Ian said:
best thing is to create your own folders and lash songs into them...

the _ files piss me off, an iTunes thing i guess, any mp3's from a PC are grand...

How do you mean create your own folders and lash songs into them? On the memory card?

Also, not sure that it is an iTunes thing. American Idiot works fine, imported using iTunes on my ibook, as does Si Schroeder's Coping Mechanisms, ditto. But another album that I imported the same day as Coping Mechanisms doesn't! It seems so random!

THRILLHO said:
I downloaded iTuneMyWalkman. It's a script that plugs into iTunes and automagically copies songs from a particular playlist onto the phone without any issues. It even plays songs at 44.100kHz.

Ok, finally had a chance to try this. Seems to help - not getting any more of those weird ._ ghosts anymore but still not able to play all my songs.

Will update this thread if I find a complete solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back