Orbital (1 Viewer)

What's your favourite Orbital album?

• Total voters
blue and alltogether are pants
brown is genius.

there live show was amazing until they changed it for the alltogether tour i think it was. something about a 10 mins song with david gray vocals doesnt sit well with an orbital tune.

das funkinstein said:
blue and alltogether are pants
Except "Acid Pants", which isn't pants, 'cause it has Sparks on it. :)

das funkenstein said:
there live show was amazing until they changed it for the alltogether tour i think it was. something about a 10 mins song with david gray vocals doesnt sit well with an orbital tune.
David Gray vocals don't sit well with anything, if you ask me.

Didn't I hear something about ol' Dave being one of the Hartnolls' brother-in-law? I think that's how (and maybe why) he got to stink up one of their tracks.

photon said:
Didn't I hear something about ol' Dave being one of the Hartnolls' brother-in-law? I think that's how (and maybe why) he got to stink up one of their tracks.

I read that in an interview with them. they also did some of the drum programing or production for his white ladder album

insides for me. the girl with the sun in her head is one of me favourite tracks by anyone anywhere anyever. but snivilisation, brown album and middle of nowhere are also top stuff. i have their last gig on mp3 - great stuff, with john peel's dulcit tones introducing it.

they went all digi midway through snivilisation & never really sounded as good...peaked with the sublime times fly ep and peel session of the previous yr. brown is their best lp imho.

photon said:
I almost did, but decided that I like Snivilization a tiny bit more.

My favourite-ever Orbital track is on Middle of Nowhere, though: "Nothing Left, Pts. 1 & 2". Best thing that they (or Alison Goldfrapp, for that matter) have ever done, in my opinion.

In Sides = incredible. such a beautiful album. "Out There Somewhere" is particularly awesome. The Middle of Nowhere = fantastico and often overlooked, it really is great, but I'd like to point out that the best Alison Goldfrapp vocals are on Add N to (X)'s "Revenge Of The Black Regent"

so now.

the brown album had the buzz about it, then they made snivilisation for the students. :rolleyes:
lost interest after that to be honest.

Yeh, love her vocals on 'Sad but True' and the even better 'Sad but New' from the incredible 'Times Fly' ep
'The Box' ep with it's Horror film sound effects and harpsichord melodies is also up there
Even the 'Style' eps had some superb mixes - especially 'An Fhómhair'

Albumswise, 'Snivilisation' just edges it from 'In Sides' for me but 'Brown and 'Green' are both fantastic albums
'The Middle of Nowhere' was good but not up there with the others and last couple of albums a bit patchy to say the least - some high points but a fair few low points too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back