old stuff (1 Viewer)

you could try and hassle the former maintainers of
http://www.geocities.com/eirepunk/
to get it up to speed.

the era of these bands was great. maybe i'm just old but it seemed like there was a way better buzz around the local bands back then (or maybe it's cos hardly anyone is reviewing/interviewing bands from the local scene anymore).

Aye, maybe...

I'd love to get my hands on some of the older irish punk stuff.

ye should all get yer hands on whats currently out there first.

:)

Bands should try to make it available. Irish bands rarely bring releases to much more than one or two gigs.
Very few distros doesn't help either.

people should post off for things. whats better than getting a package with new music (zines :) ) in?

I agree,getting things in the post is great. But if you live in the same city asa band you're not really gonna send of for the demo/cd etc. And a lot of bands from around ireland,certainly bands with some kind of release,are playing around the country a bit. What better way of getting people to buy your record than proving you're a good band live?

alot of people buy fuck all at gigs though, mainly down to lack of funds i suppose....but yeah bands should have their stuff available more... my space.com has made people lazy...just slapping the tracks up there instead of putting out a cassette/cdr demo.

as for the playing live bit...of course...if a bands decent you'll probably take a chance of their record etc.

ye should all get yer hands on whats currently out there first.

:)

I try. I just want to find out about the older irish bands that I've never heard.

and also, do you still have any of those zines left?

EDIT: nevermind, I just saw your other thread lol.

I'm definitely pro - music zine.If I have to read one more poxy zine about drinking coffe and cycling around listening to Crimpshrine I'll be sick.If you're going to write a personal zine, for feck's sake at least write about something interesting.There's already an Aaron Cometbus, and he writes very,very well - the world really doesn't need a bunch of Aaron Cometbus wannabes who write at a primary school level.

Having said that if you're gonna write a music zine, take some time and make an effort - the only thing worse than sub Cometbus nonsense is weak reviews and generic questions.

I'd rather read about what you're up to Ed

ah sure boss i'll tell ya when i see you :p

no in fairness i had to give up that personal zine stuff my reasons kinda similar to something the guy who used to put thos elittle one pagers into ebullition records, basically that being that when people read your personal zine they think they know exactly who you are, what you think, how nice/or not nice you are when really a zine (like alot of things) is only the side of you you wanna make public. things you write get set in stone and re-hashed to you again and again...there are many reasons i don't wanna do one again for a long time...

if you wanna know what i'm doing right now its all about WMFU, listening to songs and reading there beware of the blog thread which has loadsa interesting downloadable goodies such as an amazing hour long scary horror soundscapes section and songs written by a christian who 'got a visit fro jesus', this along with the joy of listening to the inner workings of volcanoes and such, this site rules....so yep thats what im doin

http://blog.wfmu.org/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back