old stuff (1 Viewer)

needtokill

Website
www.thumped.com
Just came back from my ma's with a huge bag of tapes I haven't heard for the best part of a decade..lots of old irish stuff:Neckweed,Nappyrash,Jackbeast,Stomach, Blackbelt Jones, Easpa Measa (when Sean was in them),Cheapskate,Bleeding Rectum..

Much as nostalgia sucks, I'd forgotten how good a lot of these,particularly Nappyrash were.

I really wish I still had all my old tapes. I gave most away because I didn't have a tape player for a year or two. Damn!!!

i have a cassette walkman only here in dublin. an indian guy at work told me it should be in a museum. he might be right.

i also have a 4 in 1 in limerick.

a couple of my favourite irish stuff tapes would be the residence demos, arnheim demo and a couple of hope collective comp tapes. oh and a live flexihead tape i bought from mero when he used to sell tapes years ago.

Just came back from my ma's with a huge bag of tapes I haven't heard for the best part of a decade..lots of old irish stuff:Neckweed,Nappyrash,Jackbeast,Stomach, Blackbelt Jones, Easpa Measa (when Sean was in them),Cheapskate,Bleeding Rectum..

Much as nostalgia sucks, I'd forgotten how good a lot of these,particularly Nappyrash were.

i have a demo around the house you might be interested in ,some dublin death metal band from the late 80s/early 90s i must dig it out and post up the details for ya

Any chance at all of these tapes being digitizised?

you could try and hassle the former maintainers of
http://www.geocities.com/eirepunk/
to get it up to speed.

the era of these bands was great. maybe i'm just old but it seemed like there was a way better buzz around the local bands back then (or maybe it's cos hardly anyone is reviewing/interviewing bands from the local scene anymore).

(or maybe it's cos hardly anyone is reviewing/interviewing bands from the local scene anymore).[/quote]

ahem...the cheek of you!

i originally had "no-one" typed in but knew you'd be straight in there with a correction.

do a zine yourself and interview the bands. or a newsletter..|..|

tell the kids perzines are dead. do music zines. they'll listen to you!
youre our last hope!:)

you could try and hassle the former maintainers of
http://www.geocities.com/eirepunk/
to get it up to speed.

the era of these bands was great. maybe i'm just old but it seemed like there was a way better buzz around the local bands back then (or maybe it's cos hardly anyone is reviewing/interviewing bands from the local scene anymore).
I know what you're saying Damo,but I reckon the fact there are so few zines around these days has a lot to do with that. It's a shame there aren't more. I'm sure someone like Anto could give some good input into reasons why(shops not stocking them etc).Wasn't there a little resurgence in zines when Red Ink was about?

kids: perzines are dead. do music zines. even edzer thinks so.

kids: perzines are dead. do music zines. even edzer thinks so.

fuckin right, nah seriously i don't knock anyone for doin a personal zine but i came to the realisation that shitting on about myself just wasn't that interesting so instead im tryin to spend my time shitting on about music so it might hold some interest.

if i had more time and wasnt trying to put out more 'the devil on 45's' i'd be well up for the idea, alas workin, not knowing if i'll even be in ireland in seven or eight months, and general acting the tool i simply don't have the time:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back