Don't you ever, don't you ever
Lower yourself, forgetting all your standards

Prince Charming
Prince Charming
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of
Prince Charming
Prince Charming
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of...

even more "Oh dear", I am refering to the fact that I even found this article.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002011661,00.html

Prince Charming was the second 'pop' album I ever owned, bought for me by my ma when she went to Dublin one day
Anyone notice that Pat Kenny uses the riff from 'The Scorpion' as his signature tune on his radio show?

What did you own apart from "pop" albums? Christy Moore EPs?

egg_ (16 Jan, 2002 10:16 a.m.):
Prince Charming was the second 'pop' album I ever owned, bought for me by my ma when she went to Dublin one day
Anyone notice that Pat Kenny uses the riff from 'The Scorpion' as his signature tune on his radio show?

it gets worse Dudley......

http://www.skynews.co.uk/skynews/article/0,,30000-1041089,00.html

Shakey's Drink Driving Ban

Eighties pop star Shakin' Stevens has been banned for driving for two years after admitting drink driving.

The 53-year-old singer-songwriter was stopped by police just two hours into the New Year near the village of Clearwell in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

He was arrested and questioned on suspicion of drink driving before being charged under his real name - Michael Barratt, Forest of Dean magistrates heard.

Stevens, who was born in Ely, Cardiff, but who now lives in Woking, Surrey, pleaded guilty to drink driving.

Four No.1s

Shakin' Stevens was one of the UK's most successful male solo acts during the 1980s.

He had 38 hit singles in the 80s and early 90s. These included four UK No.1s - he also recorded a dozen hit albums.

His best-known tracks include This 'Ole House, Green Door and Merry Christmas, Everyone.

Hey. I just remembered meeting the guy who sang 'In the Jungle'.

Weird. I just called in for a mate when I was 11 or so, and he was sat there drinking tea with my mates mum.

She had to tell me who he was of course.

I can't belive he was eaten by a lion in the end, so tragic.

dudley (16 Jan, 2002 10:09 a.m.):
i never knew that adam ant was named after a toilet

You're one to talk, Mr Corporation. (For the uninitiated, Dudley is a well know toilet manufacturer near Birmingham).

But yes, poor old Adam... 'Prince Charming' was also an early purchase of mine, along with 'Autoamerican' by Blondie, with my communion money.

There's actually a letter form Mr Ant in this week's Time Out, defending Heather Graham (star of From Hell, Austin Powers II etc.) who was slagged off in the previous issue. They used to be an item, and she helped him through another dodgy patch involving hospitalisation for reasons he didn't specify.

Apparently Shakey is a really gentle, supersensitive bloke and if anyone slags him he gets terribly upset.

53 years on the verge of tears would make anyone a washed-up boozehound, I'm sure.

I'd say he still gets a lot of 21sts and weddings, though.

Or would he take an invite to perform at a wedding as a slag?

(I know I would.)

joss (16 Jan, 2002 01:40 p.m.):
Apparently Shakey is a really gentle, supersensitive bloke and if anyone slags him he gets terribly upset.

53 years on the verge of tears would make anyone a washed-up boozehound, I'm sure.

Stuart Little (16 Jan, 2002 12:17 p.m.):
Hey. I just remembered meeting the guy who sang 'In the Jungle'.

Weird. I just called in for a mate when I was 11 or so, and he was sat there drinking tea with my mates mum.

She had to tell me who he was of course.

I can't belive he was eaten by a lion in the end, so tragic.

jaysus, jew mean your "man" from Tight Fit, (the lion sleeps tonight)?
sausy!

hey, i know a burd who Nick Heyward tried to talk into a 3 some with this other wan, but she said no as Nick was well past his prime.
she was only 18 though, the durty cunt.

still have the only Haircut 100 lp, and nick's first solo outing, which WAS the second H100 lp, cept he demanded it be known by his name only, so they left.
where is he now.........?

http://www.nickheyward.com/
With a link to his new poetry site.
Ah, the internet.
It hasn't failed me yet.

joss (16 Jan, 2002 01:40 p.m.):

well, in one of those " I *HEART* 1980's" shows there was footage of a young richard from richard and judy intereviewing Status Quo and Shaky

So Richard says to Shacky that he is kind of rehashing a 50's kinda thing. Stevie insists he is a tottally original act. Richie gives him lots of "come off it, your an 80's Elvis", The Quiffed one denies this again and again All the time Status Quo are in stitches at Stevie and the last great Welsh teddy boy is getting visably upset

So Stevie smacks Richard and proceeds to give hom a good beating round the studio to The Quo's utter delight.

an utter joy to watch

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back