OFAC in a BOTTLE... (3 Viewers)

Break Neck Speed

Website
myspace.com
When we were on the ferry coming back from the UK last week i got bored and did a message in a bottle. We were about an hour from Dublin. I wrote something like:

"Hello,

My name is Thomas Delaney. I am on the ferry back from the UK where ive been on tour with my band Only Fumes & Corpses. I got bored so i decided to write this note. If you find it please get in touch through our website. myspace.com/onlyfumesandcorpses.

Bye."

We got this message this morning:

Hello OFAC,

My name is Fergus McEwan, I'm a reporter at Isle of Man Newspapers.
I'm writing a light-hearted picture story for the Manx Independent newspaper about a local fisherman who found Tom Delaney's message in a bottle, floating just off the coast.
It would be worth a yarn anyway, but the real kicker is the finder (Peter) is a 68-year-old technophobe who couldn't figure out how to turn a computer on to check this site.
He said he listened to a few seconds of one of your tracks (with some help from his daughter) and decided it 'wasn't his cup of tea'!
He found the bottle 400 metres off the shore of Douglas (the Island's capital - sorry if you knew!) on Sunday, exactly two weeks after rescuing a drowning canoeist at the same spot.

How mad is that!! Im just off the phone with the reporter. Its going to be in fridays paper in the isle of man. Dan has pics of me throwing it in too. When the paper is out il post a link to it or scan it in when we get the article.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Here is the pic:

mail

I have a slightly diff but still an interesting story, I used to write my name on my vinyl incase it was ever taken, eventually I sold an album called New Wave (compilation) to Mero and a couple of years back Isup was in a gaff in Birmingham and lo and behold he seen the same album in the guys collection.

Ah man that is so cool!I love that type a thing.

This just gets better! This has been picked up by the Ray Darcy show. Im gona be on at 9.13am for a chat about it if any of ye are near a radio.

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

This just gets better! This has been picked up by the Ray Darcy show. Im gona be on at 9.13am for a chat about it if any of ye are near a radio.

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

ok so you've ruined it all now Tom.

on a completely unrelated note; when did o.f.a.c. play in qlturkombinat in piensk, poland? you have a sticker on the fridge there.

Here we are playing our first of two sets of the night in Piensk.
l_a746e98063a88ac827470c800f306c51.jpg

On more unrelated notes Only Fumes & Corpses will have a feature and interview in the Connacht/City Tribune this Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back