Odd isn't it (1 Viewer)

Depends how you choose to evaluate 'peace' really. Even if the peace was increased or there was a reduction in killings on both sides we still wouldn't be any nearer to a successful resolution to the overriding problem of Israeli Occupation. 'Peace' in itself is a pretty abstract desired outcome and doesn't encompass the complex political dynamics at play. Sure, nobody wants to see a continuation of the violence (which at current levels still leaves the Israeli Defence Forces killing three times as many Palestinian civilians as vice versa), but in terms of a political resolution to the conflict, it's not the key factor- the Occupation is.
BTW, the Provo ceasefire didn't come from the prisoners but from the leadership. And can you really say that despite the welcome halt to killings since the ceasefire that the republican project has been advanced one inch since the signing of the GFA? Personally, I think not.
Anyways, we'll probably see a softening of attitudes from Hamas before too long as the reality of who holds the pursestrings begins to kick in. There's a serious crisis in the making at the moment in the West Bank and Gaza what with the US and EU continued threats to withhold funds from the PA.

I'm sorry. I must've misunderstood. I thought you were trying to instigate some sort of discussion in your original post. Didn't have much to work with, mind you...

did anyone see the banner of the side of this thread "buy israeli products - we bring israel to you".

fuck sake. first palestine, now thumped.

where they sell such stylish little numbers as this

shiryon.jpg

My apologies.......bad day for me.

That's alright Janer. We all get 'em. Speaking of sexy merchandise and what with the World Cup looming, check out these babies available from the Palestine FA. And no, Palestine didn't qualify!
By the way, if anybody's free/interested, tomorrow there's a commemmoration of the 'Nakba' in Palestine; meaning 'catastrophe' this is the name given to the occupation of the land of Palestine in 1948. The Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign will mark the anniversary with a demonstration at the Spire on O'Connell St from 12 tomorrow.

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=3517&d=1147428829

replica2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back