Obtaining current irish releases? (2 Viewers)

Not you,you always do a decent job of letting people know you've released something. And I buy the ones that interest me.
The reason I started the thread is that there seems to have been over the last few years a steady flow of bands who get at least a demo recorded. But,it would seem that unless you use myspace or are a 'real' friend of many bands,it seems to be unheard of to be able to buy copies. Very,very few bands seem to give them much of a mention. and most times the recording is forgotten about in no time. What's wrong with after recording something,letting people know. Start a thread and bump it a few times until,if there's no interest,let it go if people are interested run off a few more.
I'm mostly talking about demos by the way.

I've found though, that even if you do, people won't buy them. Which may explain why people aren't arsed any more.

I've found though, that even if you do, people won't buy them. Which may explain why people aren't arsed any more.
Maybe so,but then bands can't really complain if no one can be arsed coming out to see them etc.
Maybe I'm just living in the past or something.

A band I used to play in when I was a younger fella just used to blatantly push and guilt people into buying our demos at gigs and on the street. Was great. At one gig I managed to sell a demo to a bohs punk and then a minute later sell the same one to his partner. Fun Times.

Similar to the Eirecore upload blog might it be an idea to have a blog for Irish band demos that are out of print , sold out, the band dont mind having online etc so that people that didnt have a chance to get them when band were on tour etc could get a copy of the recordings? Or have I spent too long on the internet today and am getting online related ideas to solve all my problems

Similar to the Eirecore upload blog might it be an idea to have a blog for Irish band demos that are out of print , sold out, the band dont mind having online etc so that people that didnt have a chance to get them when band were on tour etc could get a copy of the recordings? Or have I spent too long on the internet today and am getting online related ideas to solve all my problems

i think thats a great idea.

doesnt someone host some irish demos already? either put a link to that as a sticky...or re up them in the new thread.

As for letting people know stuff is out there and making people aware, i do a zine and welcome ads from bands, no charge. Even if it's a line just to say you have something out. It's got a print run of around 100 (so far) and it does get around...

i think thats a great idea.

doesnt someone host some irish demos already? either put a link to that as a sticky...or re up them in the new thread.

ya there use to be the website paddypunk that used to work on the basis of downloading through bit-torrents. I found that really good for stuff from a couple of years ago and stuff I had no way of getting. havent been on in ages not sure if still there

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back