Obtaining current irish releases? (3 Viewers)

no thats cos Out On A Limb actually get off their arses and get the cds in the various shops...and push for press...and get in touch with people and get gigs for their bands etc etc etc

Whoah...whoah...I was only joking, hence the wink smiley.;)

Even met yer man from OOAL in Plugd on my visit to the peoples republic.

definitely agree.

De Novissimis are sinful for not having there demo available - probably the best Irish demo i've heard.
Who's gonna give a shit about it in a few years??
Anyone who does'nt have the cdr would'nt have heard it - well Ed!!???????
Well!?
to be fair that demo is two (three?) years old now, I don't blame them if it's not readily available any more.At this point if you wanted it,you could have got it fairly easily and plenty of distros across the world still have it.

What's more sinful with DeNov is that they haven't recorded their new stuff.

don't think people should just stick demos up for free everywhere, effort goes into artwork etc, and people can make the effort themselves to go get what they want to hear

don't think people should just stick demos up for free everywhere, effort goes into artwork etc, and people can make the effort themselves to go get what they want to hear

Totally agree with you there.

Galway bands that released stuff this year are..

Class Destruction (4 track demo/ep)
Les Christpunchers (9 track CD)
Only Fumes & Corpses (8 track CD)
Carry No Banners ( 11 track CDR... being released properly soon)
Fulcrum (4/5 track CDR)
Captain Spaulding ( 18 track CDR.. i think it was released early this year anyway)

Bands that broke up... The Boy You Hit Is Dead, Fulcrum, Carry No Banners, Negasus, (not sure what happened to Recipe For Disaster, Deathguise and Tallibanned)...

New bands... my new band, Gundhi, And For Us, Section 4, Indognation, Crystal Snowstorm...

Where are they this year: Exploded Face

Prabably forgetting stuff there but there is a bit of info there for you.

So is this thread gonna turn into a scene report type buzz. If so, that'd be cool.

Fulcrum (4/5 track CDR)
Captain Spaulding ( 18 track CDR.. i think it was released early this year anyway)

quote]

personally i only got the OFAC release from that list and its not because i didnt want the others. its actually cos i didnt know they were released.

At this point if you wanted it,you could have got it fairly easily and plenty of distros across the world still have it.

Er, i remember a copy or two passing through my hands alright come to think if it.....

I'm not on about me - I'm talking about people who got the Tunguska/De Nov split 7 inch, ask if there's anymore De Nov, i say yea the demo is great (should have been released proper if you ask me) but i don't have any, so i'd send em a zipfile with the demo if they don't want to get it from Crucial blast.

Anyway, this is pointless, all this about demo's/access to music is totally up to bands at the end of the day, does'nt matter and is of no business of mine to be talking about such things!

Personnally i love demo's up for download, gives me the push to buy the bands record/release then.Unless of course the demo is the only release a band has which is totally understandable that they'd want to sell it to people who are into it instead of having it for download(i think..em)

Personnally i love demo's up for download, gives me the push to buy the bands record/release then.Unless of course the demo is the only release a band has which is totally understandable that they'd want to sell it to people who are into it instead of having it for download(i think..em)

I dunno what to do about this really - the Drainland demo is all gine and two of the songs are being re-done for a split album so maybe just banging the demo up for download might make sense.

Fulcrum (4/5 track CDR)

quote]

personally i only got the OFAC release from that list and its not because i didnt want the others. its actually cos i didnt know they were released.

I'll be coming up for Explosions in the Sky in a couple of weeks and I can get any of these if you want them Chief....

It's easy just fire off a couple of quid to a band to get their demo. I got the Frigits demo a couple of weeks ago and it was a joy. It's always nice to get post. Nearly everyone is the net so it's not really hard to contact a band directly...

okay well I have only 3 copies of the de nov/tunguksa split 7" left if anyone wants one pm me

also i have about 5 copies of the demo left, can't believe we got rid of as many of these as we did, it's been a while since we did anymore up, if people really want em though I will.

okay well I have only 3 copies of the de nov/tunguksa split 7" left if anyone wants one pm me

also i have about 5 copies of the demo left, can't believe we got rid of as many of these as we did, it's been a while since we did anymore up, if people really want em though I will.

Can I get a copy of the demo?I really don't know why I don't already have it...

Not you,you always do a decent job of letting people know you've released something. And I buy the ones that interest me.
The reason I started the thread is that there seems to have been over the last few years a steady flow of bands who get at least a demo recorded. But,it would seem that unless you use myspace or are a 'real' friend of many bands,it seems to be unheard of to be able to buy copies. Very,very few bands seem to give them much of a mention. and most times the recording is forgotten about in no time. What's wrong with after recording something,letting people know. Start a thread and bump it a few times until,if there's no interest,let it go if people are interested run off a few more.
I'm mostly talking about demos by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back