Obtaining current irish releases? (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
looking at the awards thread there seems to have been a lot of irish releases in the past year. Anyone wanna post brief descriptions of some of them and where to get them from?

sorry for self promotion but drainland cdr of the demo plus some new stuff can be got off jamie grimes.
and i had a few things in my head a second ago but i've fucking forgotten them all.

Where to get the releases listed in the awards thread???
Tower and Virgin!! There's alot of international releases there.
Pity there was'nt a thread that listed releases from the year as they came out (just the release list minus the chit-chat).

A huge Irish distro?!? Some poor soul with a shed load of records in he's room that no one is interested in paying money for?Only place to make a distro work is if:
You live in the USA
You tour with a band (that actually tours alot)
You sell known stuff you know people will buy.

Although i guess none of us who may be doing it from time to time have hit rock bottom yet.

got the new large mound cd a couple of months ago.
got the carosah demo just before xmas.
read about a putrefaction demo in mrr a week ago.
got the hooray for humans album at xmas.
downloaded the final my remorse ep yesterday. (does that count??)
my da bought me a jape ep.

up to the bands to spread the word...looks like some of them dont bother.

I don't get why more bands don't just make their demos free to download.
Fair enough if it's an EP or album on a label or has had a lot of money put into it, but if people aren't able to get the thing then it's hardly like you're losing anything by putting things up online.
And anyway, most people would buy it after downloading it once they got the opportunity.

I don't get why more bands don't just make their demos free to download.
Fair enough if it's an EP or album on a label or has had a lot of money put into it, but if people aren't able to get the thing then it's hardly like you're losing anything by putting things up online.
And anyway, most people would buy it after downloading it once they got the opportunity.

definitely agree.

De Novissimis are sinful for not having there demo available - probably the best Irish demo i've heard.
Who's gonna give a shit about it in a few years??
Anyone who does'nt have the cdr would'nt have heard it - well Ed!!???????
Well!?

think most releases that were released were pretty well worded?
Was'nt alot of releases though was there?Or maybe i just didn't hear about em!

are you not contradicting yourself there chief?

is that suggs coming up the driveway? ;)

definitely agree.

De Novissimis are sinful for not having there demo available - probably the best Irish demo i've heard.
Who's gonna give a shit about it in a few years??
Anyone who does'nt have the cdr would'nt have heard it - well Ed!!???????
Well!?

i dunno...i thought the De Nov demo was easily available when they brought it out???

got the hooray for humans album at xmas.

up to the bands to spread the word...looks like some of them dont bother.

The Hooray For Humans album has been spread around really well. Every shop I went into in Cork yesterday had it in good supply. But that could just be from lack of sales.;)

Recently I'm after getting Vimanas, Adebiisi Shank, Jezery, Hope Is Noise and H4H.

As a side note, I managed to buy the Stomach album about 2 or maybe 3 years ago. I'm not sure when exactly it was released (it doesn't mention it anywhere on the cd) but I reckon it was out of print for quite some time when I got it. Anyone know when it was released?

Distribution would be the answer to being spread around.
I can't get any honey like that due to some of the more marginalized bands and formats i deal in.

Not sure when Stomach came out - anyone know where i can get some Tension records?Remember Tension?We can fight about it if you want to fight about it if you want?or something...deadly band they were anyway.

Distribution would be the answer to being spread around.
I can't get any honey like that due to some of the more marginalized bands and formats i deal in.

Not sure when Stomach came out - anyone know where i can get some Tension records?Remember Tension?We can fight about it if you want to fight about it if you want?or something...deadly band they were anyway.

stomach album is about 5 years old i'd say.

I've the Tension stuff. vinyl and cd. saw the cd in a charity shop a while back.

The Hooray For Humans album has been spread around really well. Every shop I went into in Cork yesterday had it in good supply. But that could just be from lack of sales.;)

no thats cos Out On A Limb actually get off their arses and get the cds in the various shops...and push for press...and get in touch with people and get gigs for their bands etc etc etc

I was told by someone recently that i wasn't 'pushing' one of the recent releases hard enough, meaning low sales etc....as the band weren't getting major support slots or loads of media action etc....and that also probably goes for distribution.But when you finance a short run, you've hardly got cash aside for advertising/promotion, the band does'nt tour the release enough, and distributors don't want to know 'hardcore' music - what can i do then?
I can pump cash in and be a right fool and get burned out?
Its tricky shit if you ask me.Alright then, give me some magic contacts!
and they say.....'er sorry...i don;t have a turntable mate...this is 2007'.....can't fuckin win really.Thats why I'm d.i.y. really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back