ramadan25.jpg

ramadan33.jpg

braille koran

ramadan27.jpg

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/observing_ramadan.html

so what's ramadan then?

seriously?

from wikipedia

Ramadan or Ramazan is a Muslim religious observance that takes place during the ninth month of the Islamic calendar; the month in which the Qur'an was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad. It is the Islamic month of fasting (sawm), in which participating Muslims do not eat or drink anything from true dawn until sunset.

I was reading the other day about how Muslim youths in the UK are now having Flash Mob Iftars with homeless people.

which is cool.

i was on a plane from dar-es-salaam to addis on the second day of ramadan. we got our food and lashed into it, as usual.. there was a few other heads around doing the same and we werent really thinking about ramadan anymore, but after a minute we realised most of the people around us were just looking straight ahead and trying to ignore the food in front of them.

about an hour and a half later, a gleefull old man came around offering dates to everyone (not to us - i did really want one), people started smiling, chatting, etc and horsed into it. kinda nice, and i did feel left out about the dates.

out an hour and a half later, a gleefull old man came around offering dates to everyone (not to us - i did really want one)

ahhhhhhh i see.

I was wondering why my local shop was rammed with boxes of dates for the last few weeks. I was going to ask yer man if they got a cheap deal.

man, I'm so thick.

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Messenger of Allah would break his fast with ripe dates before he would pray. If those were not available, he would eat dried dates. If those were not available, he would drink some water.[/FONT]

ahhhhhhh i see.

I was wondering why my local shop was rammed with boxes of dates for the last few weeks. I was going to ask yer man if they got a cheap deal.

man, I'm so thick.
i thought they weren't
allowed to let anything pass their lips?
our guide in Egypt wouldnt even swallow his own spit. (although technically its already passed his lips right?) just spat into a hankie. as did alot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back