Oblivia+Ju Suk Reet Meate (Smegma),Jozef Van Wissem,Laura Sheeran ~Nov 7th@Black Sun (1 Viewer)

Re: Oblivia+Ju Suk Reet Meate (Smegma),Jozef Van Wissem,Laura Sheeran ~Nov 7th@Black

SMEGRAILS
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Grubsteak & Happy Holidays
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

... 2nd half of this features c spencer yeh (burning star core) and twig harper (nautical almanac)

off to brighton in the morning for colour out of space ... jackie and ju suk headline the sunday night. i think these two gigs are their only european shows .|..| .|..| .|..| ... i can finally demonstrate my fan-boy smegism by following them on their entire european tour

Re: Oblivia+Ju Suk Reet Meate (Smegma),Jozef Van Wissem,Laura Sheeran ~Nov 7th@Black

black_spread.jpg

Black Sun feature in this weeks copy of The Cork News.

Couldn't make it to this in the end, unfortunately. How'd it go?

thought it was excellent, really enjoyed it. smegma were great.

Hey, it was an unbelievable night... Laura was so delightful, the audience were really taken with her. Jozef Van Wissem was as rock and roll as ever. I loved how his talk gave people the opportunity to really get a sense of what his style is about before seeing him. There was a Q+A at the end too... Oblivia and Ju Suk ruled! Visuals were sweet, the performance was perfect. Loads of happy faces in the audience, people were giggling away to themselves during the more ridiculous-sounding parts. Got loads of great feedback from people at the end... Loads of people who'd never heard that kind of thing before were blown away by it all. I've uploaded some photos (by Andy Ferreira) onto my flickr account. We witnessed a fantastic encore (from a wildly-applauding audience) where Jozef came out and joined them for a ten-minute improvised piece. .|..|.|..|.|..|
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wolflinge/sets/72157622643929585/
Thanks to Eoin Bold Lump, Eamonn Rimbaud Records, Paula Larkin for their part in the night. I'll never ever ever forget it.

Roll on Blood Stereo at Black Sun (in association with the Cork Film Centre) this December 5th.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

V

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back