Obama gets nobel peace prize (1 Viewer)

It was to demonstrate support for his future plans according to news reports,makes no sense to me

Fuck, I wish I could win an award for my future plans, or at least a degree for that thesis I plan to write in the future. Although, I did decide many years ago that staying on the dole throughout most of my 20s could act as a kind of pre-tirement prior to working for 20-30 odd years and then dropping dead once they handed me my notice.

Anyway, back to the golf club...

Im not convinced by the award but I can see the logic in acknowledging that the most powerful country on earth has repositioned itself in international affairs and has begun negotiating with its enemies. That's not nothing by any stretch of the political imagination particularly when you look back over the awful carnage of the Bush years

Im not convinced by the award but I can see the logic in acknowledging that the most powerful country on earth has repositioned itself in international affairs and has begun negotiating with its enemies. That's not nothing by any stretch of the political imagination particularly when you look back over the awful carnage of the Bush years

True that. Acknowledging the US and A for its new trajectory and encouraging the US and A to keep it up. Like a "very good worker" sticker in primary school. "Barak does great work, always comes in with a smile on his face and is very cooperative with the other despots in his class".

Yip.

It's a welcome back to the world award for the US. "Nice to have you back and I hope we've seen the end of foreign policy based sabre rattling, delusions of exceptionalism, city on the hill masturbatory fantasies, and on the apocalyptic rambling of fundie nutjobs".

Shame is it'll only do Obama more harm than good.

sorenson.jpg

Personally I think Obama's actions since he took office are nothing short of criminal.
I can understand the US wanting to hit Al Qaeda and their bases hard after September 11th.
But eight years have passed since that horrible day and far from getting out of the country Obama has almost doubled the number of US troops in (or about to be sent to) Afghanistan since he took office a year ago.

He still has a chance to do some good though if he acts decisively at the Copenhagen summit on global warming.
Its kind of off topic I know but without the US signing up to massive reductions in their greenhouse gas emissions it will be very tough to get a deal that will make a significant impact on global warming.

But eight years have passed since that horrible day and far from getting out of the country Obama has almost doubled the number of US troops in (or about to be sent to) Afghanistan since he took office a year ago.
if he withdrew all troops and the country descended into anarchy - which is quite possible - who would you blame?

Personally I think Obama's actions since he took office are nothing short of criminal.
I can understand the US wanting to hit Al Qaeda and their bases hard after September 11th.

He still has a chance to do some good though if he acts decisively at the Copenhagen summit on global warming.
Its kind of off topic I know but without the US signing up to massive reductions in their greenhouse gas emissions it will be very tough to get a deal that will make a significant impact on global warming.

why do you hate the blacks Bren?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back