Now Playing (3 Viewers)

lmd64 said:
what you think of the album 'In a Safe Place'? The sigur ros bits are VERY sigur ros, the múm bits are VERY múm, but i fink it's luvvly
haven't got it yet, but if its any where close to this it'll be pretty fucking good. it's a really weird EP, then again, i've been listening to berg sans nipple which is very similar style but much better and with live drums, the grumpy is gone

lmd64 said:
are biosphere finnish ambient soundscape stuff?
think he's norwegian... but his new stuff is very ambient.
Microgravity is from way back in 1991 and is kinda housey with lots of sci-fi samples. - Similar to HIA

lmd64 said:
what you think of the album 'In a Safe Place'? The sigur ros bits are VERY sigur ros, the múm bits are VERY múm, but i fink it's luvvly
I much 'prefer one day i'll be on time', but 'in a safe place' isn't bad. It got good reviews by pretty much everyone which was nice.

listening to the new soulwax album and i likes it...also listening to Einstuerzende Neubauten's Ende Neu...Stella Maris is such a lovely song.

lmd64 said:
damn. ANOTHER album to buy.
i'm in a classic electronic music mood.
next i got HIA Freefloater, Autechre Incunabula, Artifical Intelligence 2 and Seefeel Succour and maybe a bit of UFOrb if I have the time...

Si Spex - Fly Like a Seagull, 221 samples in six and a half minutes, insanious.

getting nostalgic with trail of dead. mark david chapman is still their best toon.

probably go for some 1 Mile North next.

Ostinato - Left Too Far Behind(Exile on Mainstream)
Like Isis mixed with Sigur Ros - heavy at times with Sigur Ros elements popping in and out sometimes - psych feel fom them.

Hero Dishonest - Let Your Poison Scream(If Society)
Got it at the gig the weekend - great fast thrash punk, Minor Threat-ish at times.Deadly album clocking in at 22minutes!

Valentina Ponomareva - Cd from the box-set "Golden Years of Soviet New Jazz, Vol 1" (Leo Records)One of the best known and respected Russian jazz/avant garde singer - after Sainkho Namchylak(she`s touring here in Ireland shortly!)."Her mix of scat, avant-garde and classical singing leaves you gasping in stunned surprise rather than wildly applauding with pleasure"
Whacked stuff.

The Bubble Puppy - A Gathering of Promises (Feul)
Classic late 60`s psych rock in the vein of 13th Floor Elevators and Early Steppenwolf - were on Texan label International Artists label.Totally overlooked and under-rated.

The Zombies - Rock Roots(Decca)
Compilation of The Zombies, cool sixities stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back