Not Just Any Gig. Check this out! (1 Viewer)

James_sb

ANTI-POP in Carlow.

Yes it's a gig, but not just any.. read on and make up your own mind.

Bands:
Primed (Big Dublin Metal band),
MCBANE (Athlone punk rock band)
The Skies Collide (EX- THE 8TH DAY and EXCUSE FOR ESCAPE members. It's their first gig in new band)
I Decay (Laoise Metal)
Burning Horizons (Carlow metal with hints of emo)

It's on this Sunday 17th of April.

Venue: O'loughlins bar, Carlow.
Doors: 1.30pm
Entrance: 5squids

Right, well the reference to the gig is more specifically about The Skies Collide.
It's their first gig and it's made up of

Fran: Singer/Guitarist [ex-8th day singer/guitarist]
Ciaran: Singer/Guitarist [ex-Excuse For Escape singer/guitarist]
Emmett: Bass [ex-Excuse For Escape guitarist]
Mars: Drums [ex-8th day Drummer]

They are unreal, and finally they've decided they're ready to gig. They'll be big, and this is your chance to see them for their first time. That's why this gig is special.

E4E ruled with fists, pity always ended up cancelling their dublin gigs!

Aye. John the drummer got a hernia. Then when individuals couldn't make a gig or practice, then gigs were getting cancelled, then one gig was cancelled they we found out we could play it, but it was too late for us... then everyone got disillusioned. It was called quits. At least that's my version of it.

But that shouldn't happen now. These guys are based in Dublin, all with pleanty of gigging expierence. They'll make it happen for themselves.

Are you putting this on?
James_sb said:
ANTI-POP in Carlow.

Yes it's a gig, but not just any.. read on and make up your own mind.

Bands:
Primed (Big Dublin Metal band),
MCBANE (Athlone punk rock band)
The Skies Collide (EX- THE 8TH DAY and EXCUSE FOR ESCAPE members. It's their first gig in new band)
I Decay (Laoise Metal)
Burning Horizons (Carlow metal with hints of emo)

It's on this Sunday 17th of April.

Venue: O'loughlins bar, Carlow.
Doors: 1.30pm
Entrance: 5squids

Cool. a few friends recently bought houses down your direction so was wondering if you were going to make the gigs an ongoing thing?
James_sb said:
Yeah. That's me. I'm putting this on.

James_sb said:
Fran: Singer/Guitarist [ex-8th day singer/guitarist]

does he still sound like max cavelira? do they sound like chaos a.d/ roots era sepultura? ( thats what the 8th day sounded like the time i saw them;) )

ps. mcbane is the best band name i've heard in ages.|..|

i heard that band is ment to be real good, a friend of mine knows them and says they got all redkneck manifestoish all of a sudden. sounds interesting.
my little cousin goes to those anti pop gigs, they sound like a good thing.
well done, keep up the good work

Hey,

Right, ANTI-POP has been around for three and a half years. It started up with me and the two Excuse For Escape guys that are in The Skies Collide. We've had about 25 gigs so it's pretty on-going.

These days it's a mostly new young crowd. That's why this gig will be special, it'll have the new crowd and the Old School crowd [Our first venue was called the old school, so they are literally the 'old school' crowd]

I don't know what they sound like to be honest. I've only heard one guitar riff.. THis will be the first time i hear them. They've kept it very quite until now. They just finished recording an e.p. and I assume it'll be sold at gigs..??.. Someone did mention redneck manifesto to me, but I can't imagine them being similar.. but i really don't know. I only know it's going to be good. That Mars is an unreal drummer! And the use of those chinese cymbols!!! Anyone heard the first 8th Day e.p? That was him..

I think it was Adrain, the other guitarist from The 8th Day that had the real deep scream.

When i hear the name mcbane, all i can think of is the quote off the Simpsons.. 'You Suck McBain!' .. damn.

Hey thanks all for the kind words. I'm wondering if anyone on this board can make it down to this gig, or if they'd want to? I know cos it's a Sunday, it's proabably not ideal, but that's all that could be got for Carlow at the moment. But if people here would go to a gig if it was on a Saturday or whatever, i'd try again for another day for other gigs.. Any feedback appreciated.

mc moley said:
i heard that band is ment to be real good, a friend of mine knows them and says they got all redkneck manifestoish all of a sudden. sounds interesting.

Nah,they sound a bit more like Neurosis than the Redneck Manifesto.Bit like Isis too.Took them nearly two years to write 4 songs.

Yeah true. Bout that. But they are like 8 minutes long and growing though.. i think they've a 30ish minute set at the mo

It's in the middle of reconstruction. Taken them 3 years to get started, it's just a shell of a building at the moment, be a while before they've finished it. And then i hear it's going to be a conference center, not the likes of where we can have a gig anymore...

And yes. It think very much that this is a band that everyone will appreciate. But enough about that, Is anyone coming to this gig? It's this Sunday..??..

thanks for putting on the gig james.

was deadly to gig again.

if anyone else on here is putting on a gig and is looking for another band to play or someone to fill or anything at all email me

[email protected]

not sure about gigs for the next month cause of exams but email anyway! once its not on a when there's an exam on we'll play!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back