Norway (1 Viewer)

Wheels

Website
www.delicious9.com
I'm heading to Geilo in the Hallingdal valley for the Ice Music Festival in two weeks. I've never been to Norway before so I'm wondering if anyone has any info they'd like to share? It's gonna be cold and expensive for a drink, this much I know.

I'm heading to Geilo in the Hallingdal valley for the Ice Music Festival in two weeks. I've never been to Norway before so I'm wondering if anyone has any info they'd like to share? It's gonna be cold and expensive for a drink, this much I know.
Off licences close at 8 during the week and 6 on saturday. Booze is unbelievably expensive so are cigarettes and you can only get about 4 brands all of which are shite. Once I heard those nuggets I tuned out.

I traveld there for two weeks in the summer on my bicycle.
I have no idea what it would be like this time of year but some places i imagine must be very remote and out of the way especially in winter.
It is a crazy geography really allot of water everywhere.
Also i found more people liveing on the western coast than inland probarbly because the fishing is so big there but there are some very natural areas in it.

Actually right the ferry company that does all the crossovers is called Norled and so depending on how big the crossover is will determine the size of the boat which will take everthing on like cars trucks vans bikes etc. But i did notice that they also run some smaller passanger only services along the western coast and seemingly into some of the big fjords, small and fast looking boats.
So for instance Bergen to Flåm one way is 750 kr 85 quid 5 hours 25 minutes check the route on google maps.
A bus back is 330kr/40 eur or train is 550kr/65eur.
So expensive but it would be amazeing.
Or even Bergen to Møkster is only 214 kr 25eur at 50 min journey.

You have to log in to use this website but there are many other routes.
Click the book journey.
Forsiden

Train and Bus
NSB - Frontpage
NOR-WAY Bussekspress

Last edited:
I am not sure where exactly that Møkster is actualy seems to be more than one prob it is the closest one.

Actually with Norweigan rail i think that for some reason the fare can go up in price or maybe the cheaper ticket or offer will sell out or something like that. So really i am not 100% sure on it or maybe it is not always be the case but could be good idea to buy tickets a bit in advance if you travel by rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back