non edible things you ate as a child (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
it has come to my knowledge that i ate at different times during toddlerhood firelighters, peices of a chandelier, matchbox car wheels and enough gravel to cover the driveway.

so what did you's or your kids put away in the experimental stages of eating??

Sugar. I know sugar is edible but I thought I'd mention it anyway. I used to pour the bag straight into my mouth. Shitloads.

Also, I used to eat snot. What child doesn't? All part of the growing up process.

soil, mostly.....

but also ball bearings from 'crossfire' (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
)

Hmm, quite a few things that are in theory 'not edible' but I think I proved otherwise.

- Muffin papery wrappers..you know the ones they bake in. I'd eat the muffin and then the papery bit. Yum.
- Fruit scented marker nibs. Was disappointed each time that the nib didn't taste as good as it smelled.
- Prit sticks
- Phone cords
- cat food
- Butter by the handful on its own

I ate a button and two pennies once when I was three, for the laugh. I clearly remember it.
I also ate chewing gum off the road!!!! How I survived to adulthood, I do not know.

My sister Steph ate coal and drank a bottle of Calpol, Laura ate weedkiller. As usually, I was the boring one ;) They both survived, thankfully. Steph used to put vaseline/sudocrem in her hair too. My poor mother!

I ate beeswax sheets (intended for use in our beehive) and Schumak (not sure about the spelling) blossoms. Can't really remember eating anything else that was likely to be unhealthy.

- Prit sticks
apparently kids who are addicted to the sugars in gluten are prone to eating glue and even pulling up the carpet to eat the glue underneath it. Fookin junkies

a girl in my junior-senior infants, emma smelly, used to eat her own snots as they flowed down her face and she used to suck on clothes labels. I was joking to her last year and said haha do you remember when you used to eat your snots by the bucketfull? she said no, naturally, and shot me an evil look, and pulled out a mouldy label and started eating it. :eek:

My brother used to like ice cream wrappers that were on the groung and drink melted icepops he found. He would also lick mars bar wrappers he found.

I guy i work with used to eat tar from the road and chase garbage trucks down the street.

I once ate mud. It didn't taste of much.
I recall people picking up chewing off the ground and chewing it. In Junior Infants I used to wipe my snots on my jumper sleeve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back