No Claims Bonus (1 Viewer)

ms.b.haven

(Retired)
anyone claimed on their car insurance and has it affected the cost of your insurance much?

oh and did you know stressed spelt backwards says desserts? i'm just desserts :(

i got my insurance renewal quote from my insurance company for my bike the other day and i was quoted at €752. i rang them up just to enquire about my quote and the dude on the phone goes "eh, are you going to be 25 in couple of days" and i said yeah and then he told me that insurance will be reduced to €447. only for i rang the assholes i would have been paying over 300 blips more. whats more, i paid €823 for insurance last year on the very same bike.

always ring the bastards.

ms.b.haven said:
anyone claimed on their car insurance and has it affected the cost of your insurance much?

oh and did you know stressed spelt backwards says desserts? i'm just desserts :(

I think it depends on what you claim on and how much! mmmm desserts

see I was involved in an accident last Thursday, I was turning left onto a main road and the other person was reversing out of a car space, on my side of the road and faced towards me, so it was a "head on collision" so to speak. The bumper on her car (actually a car given to her by a garage while hers was getting a service) was cracked slightly....mines not too bad, but because we knew each other she said she'd just leave it back to the garage and if they didn't notice so be it. But they did, and now she wants me to cough up half. I personally don't think I was in the wrong and want our insurance companies to sort it out, but she doesn't. oh the confusion of it all

don't know yet she's gone to get an estimate today. I'll have 2 yrs no claims in June... how much would a front bumper cost to be replaced? hardly a lot?

if it aint your fault you can fight it, dont see how see could be in the right considering she was facing wrong way on the road. Be careful though i have heard a load of stories were the insurance company have paid out without letting you know

well I rang my insurance company, filled them in on the story and they said they'll send someone out to assess it all. They said if I'm liable I can still choose to pay privately.

well wait and see how much she wants bumbers are not expensive fitting them could be though

6_thunderdome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back