New Weezer (1 Viewer)

No, I don't go beyond listening to the normal releases. I know there's a massive hole you could go down with demos, discord, apps etc. I choose not to.

Fun fact I just heard, Rivers has recorded almost all of Weezer's stuff with the same guitar. A Les Paul Jnr.

Dust has settled on Autumn. It's really great, maybe the best yet. The 7 song format works for them. One thing these SZNZ have in common is that they all end on a high. Last songs are rad (yes, rad).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

First tune from Winter. Hints of how the concept will progress in the lyrics. Hyped. Spring, Summer and Autumn have been the best W in a while.

WINTER is out today.
On first listen this seems the weakest of the four SZNZ eps. Doesn't deliver on the Elliott Smith style promises. I'm also not hearing the continuation of the concept. But then these have all been growers. Give it time.

Is anything by the Rentals after they reformed any good?

Just listening to Seven More Minutes again, it's such a good album, all those Britpop guest spots; and Maya Rudolph was in them! Feels like a forgotten part of the 90s.

Quite out of time for 1999, sounds more like 2006. Needless to say I saw this video precisely zero times at the time, or even before YouTube, but I had a taped copy of the album i got off a Weezer obsessed friend. Better than all that Embrace and Travis that was being shoved down our throats at the time

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I bought one Rentals album which I like fine but never kept up with them.

Hot take: Matt Sharp was the worst thing about Weezer when he was with them.

Now that all the SZNZ are out I've been listening to them as one long album. It gets better and better. It really does feel like the secret album, barely acknowledged by the press and showed up on zero end of year lists. The whole thing is a triumph and reveals new things with every listen.

I bought one Rentals album which I like fine but never kept up with them.
Bah! Well this one is great assuming you like Britpop guest spots.

Hot take: Matt Sharp was the worst thing about Weezer when he was with them.
I mean, he probably agrees, Weezer is all Rivers at the end of the day, right? Whether good or bad.
Now that all the SZNZ are out I've been listening to them as one long album. It gets better and better. It really does feel like the secret album, barely acknowledged by the press and showed up on zero end of year lists. The whole thing is a triumph and reveals new things with every listen.
Just like the Rentals album in 1999! I'll give it a shot based on your recommendation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back