new SWANS (1 Viewer)

Jeez, start with Body Lovers / Body Haters and Angels Of Light. If you dig that just go to Young God records and start picking up the more obscure stuff.
Oh and check out Michael Gira - Drainland too (not post Swans but amazing album)

Beware though - there's a lot of stuff and some of it can be spoken word and there's a good bit of live stuff too.

Seconded on 'Drainland', better than most Swans output in my opinion, lots of the effort Swans put into being powerful after 1st couple albums ended up just being blustery.

Somehow missed this Swans Re-igniting thread... this is indeed wonderful news!!!!

Time to pull out 'Public Castration....' in anticipation!!!

l_90649190f82246809866bd570be27829.png

Had The Great Annihilator in the car for the last few days - still shockingly good. Their last proper album and definitely among the best.
So looking forward to this. Gonna hit the Cork gig too.

the cork gig is the thursday of the jazz festival so anyone thinking of travelling down be sure to book your accom NOW!!!!

nearest hotels to the venue are probably jurys inn and the victoria hotel

Had The Great Annihilator in the car for the last few days - still shockingly good. Their last proper album and definitely among the best.
So looking forward to this. Gonna hit the Cork gig too.

Big plus one on TGA. Good idea about Cork gig too (and good to see Swans being accepted into the jazz community)

Hope they're not ignoring their 'mid-period' on the tour. Would love to hear this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Big plus one on TGA. Good idea about Cork gig too (and good to see Swans being accepted into the jazz community)

Hope they're not ignoring their 'mid-period' on the tour. Would love to hear this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't think much of this version of Love of Life, they really messed with the rhythm ... did it appear anywhere other than the video?

Sounds like the album version to me.
The version on Omniscience is different and much better.

Sounds like the album version to me.
The version on Omniscience is different and much better.
sounds like a layer of snares lifted off for video mix and bass drum is on every beat on album version rather than the more open groove here.

sounds like a layer of snares lifted off for video mix and bass drum is on every beat on album version rather than the more open groove here.

There was a sort and extended version on a 12". Never heard it though.

Heard a leak of the album. It's unreal - easily one of the best albums of this year. Cannot wait for the gig.

Going to wait for the real thing to arrive just like old times but I'm stupidly reading all the completely contradictory confusing reviews to ruin my first listen

My Father (the postman) Will Guide Me (delivered the new Swans album) Up A Rope (to my gaf) To The Sky (today)

Sounds like a louder late-period Angels on first listen. Sounds are mostly great but not into most of the songs. Subject to change a'course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back