new Sonic Youth (1 Viewer)

And "the chicks" supported if i remember right or was that a dream.
Its been a steady decline in quality since the amazing "Murray st.". Sonic Nurse was kickin but had 2 skippers, Rather Ripped was ok, new one is just muck, no lovin any of it, nothing sticks. Ok there is 10 seconds of Sacred trickster at 1.37 in the video below but thats it and from one of my favourite bands ever. Well they had a good run at it anyways.

YouTube - Sonic Youth - Sacred trickster

It's not their best unfortunately, but Antenna is a lovely song (chorus in particular) and Walkin Blue is one of Lee's best tunes in years imho. There's always at least a couple of good tunes on even the most disappointing SY record.

havent heard the new one yet, but im hoping that by december they'll be a little bored playing all the new ones and mix it up a bit more.

I wouldn't count on it, but hope springs Eternal. When SY are promoting a new record they're pretty business like about it. And you can probably go to see Goo in it's entirety somewhere next year, if ATP have anything to do with it.

It has a few decent tunes but it doesn't hold together as a full album. it's too long and too many of the classic sonic youth soundy parts sound like a band copying sonic youth instead of a new sonic youth album. the whole thing sounds to me like they wrote it while practicing for the goo atp. like goo but not as good, is that the most damning review here. Antena and walking blue are great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back