New mobile studio web site (1 Viewer)

ok then. site works fine seems fast enough but...

firstly. framesets are a bad habit to get into especially when they are not required. They cause problems for search engine indexing and the like.

that little amount of scroll on the homepage seems unecessary and a little sloppy. Im viewing at 1024x768 which should be the max workframe for a site like this. Minor point I know.
The flash rotating images would be less harsh if the images faded out as well as faded in. the home page should give me a better impression of your service etc. i.e. if you have a physical space (building etc.) use images of that. the image of the car doesnt say anything to me.

The sub pages dont show much attention to typography. long lines are hard to read. Graphic 'devices' and headings etc. break up the body text making it easier to read. I know its high contrast but blocks of white text on a fully black background can be tiresome to read. Because of the amount of content you might be better off with a fixed width site

If you have any more photos use them. show us your equipment etc.

do you have any info on your costs etc. You should have more 'points' of contact. Maybe even a contacts page - info. forms and stuff like that.

Its probably just me but I dont need a lengthy biog. of the owner of a company Im buying a service from as long as I know the service is good. hate to say it but it looks 'unprofessional'.

Im not into the logo etc. but thats another thing altogether.

You have the 'bones' of the site and some things can be tightened up to make it a lot better. Im not dissin' the site just adding my two cents worth of brief constructive criticism. It seems like you have a good service by the way.

you should totally add a splash screen that's like this:

skeldance.gif
smoking%20skull.gif
skeldance.gif

ENNNTERR!!! IF U DAREEE!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

what broken arm said, plus...

absolutely no need for flash navbar. or any flash, for that matter. looks superfluous, like you're really trying to impress with bells and whistles. use css to space the text. stick to one font. no frames. use pictures on the inner pages, and the mic on the frontpage is a bit naff looking and adds to your scrolling problems. javascript errors in netscape. plus i get a popup in explorer; i've attached a picture.

if you're intending to have the site as your main focus to get business (as the car seems to imply), then you should invest properly in getting a nice, decent site.

Attachments

• krecording.gif
    krecording.gif
    33.9 KB · Views: 120
The Dudley Corporation site has some cool flash stuff that works grand. As does the Formika site.

Do whatever you like: it's your site. All that gibberish about what a site should look like is like saying you must wear a suit and tie into work.

lmd64 said:
i don't. then again, i may be 'let go' in the next couple of days/weeks/months...

Cheers for the critisism. Taken on board. Just remember also there is a certain amount of tongue in cheek to the main page, hence the dog with headphones.

billygannon said:
The Dudley Corporation site has some cool flash stuff that works grand. As does the Formika site.

Do whatever you like: it's your site. All that gibberish about what a site should look like is like saying you must wear a suit and tie into work.

hmm
I am unconvinced by this line of reasoning. They're not business websites.

Take the technical advice you've been given. There is nothing convincing or professional about javascript errors, inconsistent styles, differing fonts etc. The look of the site is obviously subjective but use of framesets and unnecessary flash are genuine concerns - framesets are the devils work and you can implement your site just as well using tables. There's no point in having something in flash you could just as well implement in HTML just for the sake of it. You're only potentially alienating people who don't have the plugin.

I *love* it when people use java to implement roll-over buttons. Especially the way that java vm fucks up my internet explorer.

And yer web-site looks way too dark.

Andy

Your website is crap,you can't record,and you are a prick oh and you are the worlds worst fisherman as will be proven in two and a half weeks time,

you nonce. :D :D :D :D

nonemoreblack said:
Andy

Your website is crap,you can't record,and you are a prick oh and you are the worlds worst fisherman as will be proven in two and a half weeks time,

you nonce. :D :D :D :D

I'm the greatest fisherman, it's even imortalised in a 66e lyric! Your just angry cause your scottish don't feel too bad about it, you had no choice about your birthplace :p

billygannon said:

look Ma, there be things moving on dat screen over there.

very few sites manage to execute decent flash. The Formika site isnt a good example of flash use. a few wobbly buttons and unreadable text doesnt float my boat.

billygannon said:

kinda like not bothering to tune your guitars or bothering to.......

:D

http://homepage.eircom.net/~formika/#

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back