New Dylan film - soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
The soundtrack to the forthcoming Dylan film looks pretty good.
That said, has anybody ever really covered Dylan that well? Apart from the Byrds...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Not_There

Although the track order has not been finalized, the songs that will appear on the soundtrack are:[3]
The Million Dollar Bashers are a supergroup featuring Sonic Youth stars Lee Ranaldo and Steve Shelley, Wilco guitarist Nels Cline, Television guitarist Tom Verlaine, Dylan bassist Tony Garnier, guitarist Smokey Hormel and keyboardist John Medeski.[4]

Prince did a cracking version of All Along The Watchtower at one of the London shows

That'll be pretty interesting to hear although if Anthony & The Johnsons cover of 'Knocking on Heavens Door' is anything like his version of 'Perfect Day' then it'll be truely painful.

can i just express my disappointment that glen hansard is singing 'you ain't goin nowhere'

Yeah, its a great song.."Stap yourself to a tree with roots, you ain't goining nowhere". The version by the Byrds is great.

You never know though, he might do fine. He's getting rave reviews in the UK for that film Once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back