new dublin venue (1 Viewer)

Do publicans learn nothing from the mistakes of the past? After they destroyed decent old style boozers to jazz them up for the 80s, then spent a fortune in the 90s trying to get that straight from a warehouse old fashioned look, now they're fucking doing it again!!!

I've pretty much given up on boozers to be honest.
Most of the good one's are gone or gone to shit.
But whats gonna happen now though.Like they're fucking advertising them every ten minutes on the radio cos no ones going anymore.
Are they gonna all start getting run down and then start dropping their prices and bringing back the holy hour and theres mad dodgy gigs on everywhere and the internet breaks down and we all wake up in 1988?
I hope so.

It's our local these days. Good, cheap guinness. I can never say no :) Usually good craic watchin the aul lads fightin over who got the answer to "who wants to be a millionair first"... over and over and over and... :p

Used to go there for a couple on scratcher day.Then head over to that shop that sells the gas cookers and flagons and get sorted for the afternoon with a couple of two'y's a packet of drum and a bail of briquetes.:)
A trip down memory lane this thread is.

I've pretty much given up on boozers to be honest.
Most of the good one's are gone or gone to shit.
But whats gonna happen now though.Like they're fucking advertising them every ten minutes on the radio cos no ones going anymore.
Are they gonna all start getting run down and then start dropping their prices and bringing back the holy hour and theres mad dodgy gigs on everywhere and the internet breaks down and we all wake up in 1988?
I hope so.

wow.
that would be good.
but would i have to be the age i was then, or could i be my age now?
or could i be like 18 or 19?
and could i know all the stuff i know now? actually no, i want to NOT know anything i know now.

oh no.i think i've broken my time-space continuim.

Nah, I'd wanna be the age I was then then.But better looking.

eliminatedjuicemy5.jpg

Yeah,not in a can of worms opening mood tonight!

I'd like to see gigs here.....been down there a bit as its near my gaff and the two lads are sound. they do a rockabilly night on a sat as well. its just a dj upstairs but its a tenner for a pitcher of beer which = good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back