new burial (1 Viewer)

great interview in the new Wire with burial.
the writer reads all this deconstructionist stuff into what he says and the music
and for once it totally makes sense

the writer reads all this deconstructionist stuff into what he says and the music

yes, was reading it this morning - quite illuminating stuff.

the bits about the ghosts are cool. 'on the tube, about 70% less the size of you'.

what's your favourite tracks Bernard?

i really love the ambient tracks as much as the ones with beats, way more than on the first record
i'd say archangel, ghost hardware, etched headplate (specially for the spoken sample at the start), dog shelter, homeless, uk, raver - those last four tracks in succession are a knock out
the vinyl does have the interludes.. at least, it has 13 tracks, and what i downloaded has 13 tracks. unless i'm missing something?
the first album on vinyl skipped some of the interludes though

i really love the ambient tracks as much as the ones with beats, way more than on the first record
i'd say archangel, ghost hardware, etched headplate (specially for the spoken sample at the start), dog shelter, homeless, uk, raver - those last four tracks in succession are a knock out
the vinyl does have the interludes.. at least, it has 13 tracks, and what i downloaded has 13 tracks. unless i'm missing something?
the first album on vinyl skipped some of the interludes though

well I haven't seen the actual LP to verify but

tracklist here - towards end of page suggests that vinyl has no interludes.

Boomkat review makes reference to 'interludes included on CD edition'.

well I haven't seen the actual LP to verify but

tracklist here - towards end of page suggests that vinyl has no interludes.

Boomkat review makes reference to 'interludes included on CD edition'.

fuck. i have it sitting here in front of me. they've printed the 13 tracks on the back of the sleeve, but the actual discs only have the 9. i don't have a turntable here so i hadn't actually looked until there now.

gambra, i think subcribers get it the wire a week earlier than the shops.

fuckin hell.. just listenin to raver now...
those out of time tuned percussion... and then the big sonar-style bleep just once in a reference to the start of the first record... it's staggering.

Jacques Derrida's 'Hauntology' ruminations permeating the new Burial album etc.
Hmm. Not so sure. I think Burial is more influenced by sci-fi movies and drum'n'bass judging from that rare interview.

Love the album.

I have listened and listened to Untrue and I don't think it is very good. It might be better if it was stripped of the samples. I think the first album is better, but then again, it wasn't worthy of all the praise heaped upon it. (Although Night Bus is an amazing tune.)

I'm confused.

only just ordered 1st burial yesterday. amazing reviews and that. intrigued by yr man and his whole anonymous trip. Kinda reminds me of fisherofgold's approach.
is it really that good??

I have listened and listened to Untrue and I don't think it is very good. It might be better if it was stripped of the samples. I think the first album is better, but then again, it wasn't worthy of all the praise heaped upon it. (Although Night Bus is an amazing tune.)

I'm confused.

Agree with you about the first album - good but nowhere near as good as the hype suggested. However, i think Untrue is a great album.

Really? I think the vocal samples are the prime reason why it's better than the first album. They give it a better sense of urban sadness or melancholia that the s/t debut hinted at. The lean beats are great too.

I prefer Untrue to the first LP - which is very good but not amazing.
Untrue is staggeringly brilliant.

Re: The vinyl and CD interludes thing.

Skream did something similar for his debut last year.
Vinyl had 9 tracks, CD had 13.

Even worse there were only 8 'common' tracks.
The LP had a track that wasn't on the CD.

That sort of messing around is a slap in the face for the fans who pledge undying devotion to the 12" format and should not be given short shrift when it comes to the LPs.

LPs and CDs should have identical tracks on both formats.

That sort of messing around is a slap in the face for the fans who pledge undying devotion to the 12" format and should not be given short shrift when it comes to the LPs.

LPs and CDs should have identical tracks on both formats.

Absolutely - they're taking the piss.

By the way, anyone heard any of Streamizm Volume IV? Very good - i recognise two of the tracks from the Crawdaddy and EP shows. Audio clips here

holy moly

just listening now.. i like the last one quite a bit but so far this one is making me get goosebumps all over the shop.. sounds amazing..

i wonder who the guy is.. pretty mad that he manages to keep it a secret so well.. fair fucks to him.. it's probably babylon zoo or something./.

Jacques Derrida's 'Hauntology' ruminations permeating the new Burial album etc.
Hmm. Not so sure. I think Burial is more influenced by sci-fi movies and drum'n'bass judging from that rare interview.

Love the album.

i don't think he's trying to say that burial is a derridean
he's just reading the music like that
i have to say it really resonated with me. listening to untrue while traveling around london is amazing.. like ngglbth said, it merges with the sounds of the city, everyone walks around so isolated and detached, millions of stories slipping past each other. actually it reminds me more than anything else of 'invisible cities' by calvino... i'm such a pseud

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back