new against me! album (1 Viewer)

rape the drummer

Website
Visit site
has anyone else heard it? is anyone else in as much shock as me?at first i thought it was a different singer but now realise the singer is just for some reason completely changing how he sings, its awful. one good song where he sings like he used to; slurring the rhythms apart from that this album is so shite, such an unbelievable step down from the last one, i'd advise anyone not to buy it. maybe its just for this album cause the name of the album is against me! 'as the eternal cowboy', perhaps that explains the cowboy edge to it, maybe its just a one album thing, i fucking hope so.

on the plus side the new strike anywhere rocks
so does the live hot water music that was recorded years ago, makes you realise what we missed out on when they played hear-all the old classics. anyone that was disappointed with hwm when they played here should get this, its great

anyway thats me done...

jillface said:
I hate when bands go shit. But I guess I should wait to hear it first before I decide.. Still though his singing was like.. the best part.
Emm..are you people all deaf?
It's a fucking fantastic record, more rocking and far better than the first one I reckon.I don't see any major difference in his voice at all.It's not as singsongy, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.It's less "fun" , less instant as well maybe,but it's one of the better poppunk records I've heard recently.I'm surprised how much I like it.Lyrics are great too.

Does the label it's on have anything to do with it?

I was actually gonna say the Strike Anywhere lp is a big disspointment.As was Paint it Black, and From Ashes Rise.It's as if Jade tree's bands same to have some disease which paralyses the part of them that they use to write songs.

the label? you obviously don't know me a bit, if theres one person that doesn't care about records being released on FAT, it's me, i'll defend them to the death. i just think this was awful, how can u not notice a change in the singing? and personally i think the lyrics are a big let down compared to the other album, that cliche guevara song should have been good.

i hope paint it black is good, i'm gettin it soon, two weeks to be precise, ya know what day that is don't ya? december 25th!

anyone got any stuff by blood brothers, their class. i just got the ambulance vs. ambulance 7"

ahh the blood brothers are a bit wanky really, rock music for boys with nice haircuts, good clothes and pretty faces if you ask me. you dont get that with frankie stubbs, yay for frankie stubbs!

i really hope the new against me is rockin, if not they should do a small brown bike and just break up, damn bands.

What makes YOU think he thinks you do?

"you obviously don't know me a bit"

would suggest that he knows you don't know him.

Marklar - Jamie, Jamie - Marklar..

Marklar has lots of no-idea records stuff, Jamies works in a record shop.

yes thats what i was implying in my post, you don't know me....but weeler introduced us at the black eyes gig...so now you kinda know me....i don't have a problem with fat wreck as well by the way

gav was out on saturday.. loads of blasts from the past on saturday..

Blood Brothers are one of my special bands. they are fucking brilliant. but the 'burn piano island, burn' album is not amazing. check out 'march on electric children' or the three one g compilation of Queen covers (pink vinyl!) where they do 'under pressure'. FUCK-IN BRILLIANT.

Yeh anyway, back to Against Me! I heard the new album the other day in Ed's and I think it sounds cool. His voice isn't really all that different at all. If anything I'd say it's the guitars and that's probably cos they can probably afford better ones now. Didn't hear it all, but I liked what I heard. The cover of it was a bit shit though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back