New Abu Gharib pictures (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
have you guys seen these yet?
it's horrifying.
according to reports, they are from the same batch as the lyndie england ones.
they were initially broadcast by australian media, and the BBC site has got extensive coverage on it.
pretty terrible stuff; so demoralising what they were doing to those guys.
one piece of footage shows a prisoner so distressed that he keeps bashing his head against a cement wall.
:mad: :(

The US admin made a big mistake not releasing all the photos at the same time. people would have forgotten (kinda ) about it by now. They still have some that are deemed "too brutal" to broadcast. They should get it over and release them too. A very usefull recruitment tool for terrorists if ever there was one.

the white house has this to say:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/iraq/

no mention of it at all.

cunts cunts cunts.

I just saw a link to those somewhere else, but didn't realise these were new ones. I couldn't look at the first batch, and I certainly can't look at these.

Too bad Mister Vice President Emperor Cheney is having too shitty a day to look at them himself. I'd say he's a bit red in the face what with hunting without a licence, considering how much he holds laws, and stuff like the Geneva Convention in such high regard!

I agree, La La, there's gonna be a war. I can practically smell it.

Did anyone read Chain of Command by Seymour Hersch? It's a bit heavy going, but he demonstrates that the whole Abu Ghraib thing goes right to the top, right up to Rumsfeld.

havent read it. it's good, yeah? of course those fucks at the top know about this stuff, fucking bastards, all of them. gonna have to buy that book.

He's an investigative journalist who originally broke the My Lai thing in Vietnam. I guess he knows a lot because as a free agent he seems to operate outside the normal media and has done for many years, so I suppose he's built up a huge number of good contacts on the inside and a solid reputation and is somewhat untouchable. He seems to always be getting scoops.

(and La La, I was just playing devil's avocado ;) )

you go girl

The thing about Abu Ghraib as well is that, disturbing as it was, these are old pictures. What's currently going on in Guantanamo is, according to Hersh, more organised and systematic and just as brutal. But what the eye don't see the heart don't feel.

yeah fully! these pics are about 3/4 years old.....mad shit has been going down. force feeding, murder..........its so fucked.

yeah that hersh book is really good, hersh was the first journalist to break the abu ghraib story after ABC news showed the pictures.

his sources are unnamed but he is held in such high regard that his articles in the NY Times (which largely make up the bulk of Chain of Command) are often referenced by academics writing on international criminal justice, war crimes, etc.

the abu ghraib torture was apparently part of the same special forces project (a Special Access Program - the most secret program a US executive can create, SAPs do not have to report anything to congress except the budget) which is snatching and assassinating terrorist suspects around the world. the SAP was expanded into the iraq theatre to counter the growing insurgency. ordinary military intelligence personnel were given the extraordinary powers granted to SAP operatives. SAP can essentially kill on sight anyone they think is a terrorist suspect. if you can kill him on the street, you are free to do whatever you like in a prison. the photos are mainly MPs who were being used by MI to 'soften up' prisoners.

so you have reservist soldiers from virginia being empowered to do whatever they wanted.
further special forces involvement is evidenced by the nature of the photos. the french used similar torture techniques (and took photos for later psychological use) against "the arab mind" in the Algeria campaign.

According to a report in the Irish Times today the US claim there are 350,000 terrorist or terrorist suspects at large in the world today. Man, they're gonna have their work cut-out. They might have to take over the whole of Cuba and expand Guantanomo to cover the entire Island.

nah, just more rendition flights to jordan, syria and egypt, and more 'bunker busters' landing on suspect weddings, funerals, birthday parties, training paramilitary forces in middle eastern and african states, and so forth

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back