NERDS!!! Sidstation! (1 Viewer)

I use quadraSID a bit.
It's nice for bleepy lead lines.
Some serious bass off it too.
Never used a sidstation.

Think it's worth shelling out 950 snots for?
Cant say im too impressed with their high pressure sales technique on the site though.

thought they were sold out long ago....
they sound cool but are in no way worth the price.
get a hardsid or build your own

yeah they were sold out because apparently there were no more SID chips to be found... and then suddenly Elektron announced they were making 100 more, and jacked up the price - bit dodge if you ask me.

But fuck it I'm a sucker.

Are there any purely hardware options as far as SID is concerned? I dont own a midi keyboard or a laptop.

yo i have a sid station. they get unbeliveable bass out of them.. it's fucking insane..

and some lovely arpeggiator type stuff that's tweakable and sounds mental..

one problem is there's a fierce amount of noise when you aren't playing it.. like a fierce amount.. i had to buy a noise gate pedal in order to use the fricken thing live..

but the patches are great and there's loads online..

i wouldn't buy it as a main synth but it's a great yoke to fuck around with.. you can load asid files of old computer games on to it like patches and it plays them like a jukebox :)

dunno... seems a little crazy expensive alright. you could probably make a lot of similar noises on another decent synth. I mean you're getting a nord lead soon... you can do loads of shit with that, no?

they do sound pretty cool though.

dunno... seems a little crazy expensive alright. you could probably make a lot of similar noises on another decent synth. I mean you're getting a nord lead soon... you can do loads of shit with that, no?

they do sound pretty cool though.

You think I could though? The impulse buyer in me is panicking over the lack of availability of these things. Like I said, me=sucker

the sidstation does what it does well but its a one trick pony.

for the same price you could get a used monomachine, which has sid "emulation" & shitloads more.

Yeah been trying to track down a second hand monomachine but cant find any for less than outrageous prices.

a ghetto way of making similarish sounds is a korg poly800/ex800 and some distortion. they go for next to nothing

I'm bidding on a sh2 at the mo - reckon they'd be good for gameboy sounds as well with the right amount of fucking around

a thought occurs - if i were to get my hands on an old gameboy and nanoloop, could i not come up with a lot of similar enough sounds to the SIDstation?

a thought occurs - if i were to get my hands on an old gameboy and nanoloop, could i not come up with a lot of similar enough sounds to the SIDstation?

yo alan

i have nanoloop as well and it's deadly.. similar sounds , esp. bass to sid station but harder to programme and not as 'hands on', also no midi integration, although i'm sure some nerd has come up to incorporate midi.. aoboa? :)

still great buzz though..

i don't think there are any sid stations left at elektron so you might have to get one second hand.. that thing where they say they found another 100 is old now.. they told me i got the second last one in the world... hmm we'll see..

bitrates set to.. low..

yo alan

i have nanoloop as well and it's deadly.. similar sounds , esp. bass to sid station but harder to programme and not as 'hands on', also no midi integration, although i'm sure some nerd has come up to incorporate midi.. aoboa? :)

still great buzz though..

i don't think there are any sid stations left at elektron so you might have to get one second hand.. that thing where they say they found another 100 is old now.. they told me i got the second last one in the world... hmm we'll see..

bitrates set to.. low..
was readin all about nanoloop and 8 bit madness and stuff. seems cool, but as you said, no midi... BOO

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back