Nerdiest thing you've read on the internet today (1 Viewer)

open_source.png

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/15770/6903/

I have a question about the acoustic properties of shotgun mics and cardioid front address mics. Now, I understand how shotgun mics have the capsule inside the tube, so that the side port cancellation occurs before the sound reaches the capsule. But I have never fully grasped the concept of a capsule like the CK1, or a mic like the RE20 where the capsule is in front of the ports. Is there some type of rear porting on the condenser capsule backplate, or behind the dynamic moving coil? Any of the diagrams that I've ever seen explain this always have the ports in front of the capsule, and I've never ben satisifed with the verbal explanations of how this works.

"I do like that the pictures will be available in widescreen - there is a dearth of quality widescreen desktops (especially atronomical ones - I wanted to do a desktop from a hi-res of the Sun by HELiOS, but it's an equilateral square. Come on NASA."
http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2007/2/21/7171

Join me in ridiculing the less socially capable.

An equilateral square??? Aren't all squares equilateral? Isn't that what makes them squares? Nerds can talk such shite.

This is my favourite nerdy bit in the fairly nerdy Futurama

Mayor: "Dr. Wernstrom, can you save my city?"
Wernstrom: "Of course, but it'll cost you. First I'll need tenure."
Mayor: "Done."
Wernstrom: "And a big research grant."
Mayor: "You got it!"
Wernstrom: "Also, access to a lab and five graduate students...at least three of them Chinese."
Mayor: "Did...all right, done. What's your plan?"
Wernstrom: "What plan? I'm set for life. Au revoir, suckers!"
Leela: "That rat! Do something!"
Mayor: "I wish I could, but he's got tenure."

100 Reasons Kirk Is Better Than Picard

"# 71. When Picard was 37, he was only Captain of the lowly freighter, Stargazer. When Kirk was 37, he was Captain of the flagship
Enterprise."

Yeah, eat that shit, Picard!

100 Reasons Kirk Is Better Than Picard

"# 71. When Picard was 37, he was only Captain of the lowly freighter, Stargazer. When Kirk was 37, he was Captain of the flagship
Enterprise."

Yeah, eat that shit, Picard!

Got any more of these?

Ah shite.

I gave up after it said "two words" for the tenth time, idiot. That's not nerdy at all, it's just shit.

Good effort anyway.

Got any more of these?

Nerd.

Was talking to a girl the other night who insisted that Picard was a better captain (I didn't start it). Now I can point her to these and...hang on....

Ah shite.

I gave up after it said "two words" for the tenth time, idiot. That's not nerdy at all, it's just shit.

Good effort anyway.

Yeah, they're not very good at all. Scratch that plan.

Find me a better list. (As Kirk would say. Picard would ask someone if it were possible to find a better list. Better manners; not captaincy skills).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back