MySpace - do you still use it? (1 Viewer)

hey it's a serious question!

I find i still almost invariably end up there when looking for info / pictures of bands to use on the site. Doesn't really cut it for either.

I REALLY don't understand why they changed the entire layout of the site. It used to be so so handy (and even exciting) for finding new bands before, then SPLATT! and it all went to shit.

soundcloud/bandcamp/youtube hosted links via facebook, twitter, tumblr etc is all the rage now. why all the caring about myspace??

Also this evolving industry/hosting shit is a pain in the ass. re-uploading every two years for some other stupid network.

soundcloud/bandcamp/youtube hosted links via facebook, twitter, tumblr etc is all the rage now. why all the caring about myspace??

For me it's purely practical. I need to find hires images, bios, embeddable audio & video and the like almost every day of the week... and it's a complete pain in the hole.

For me it's purely practical. I need to find hires images, bios, embeddable audio & video and the like almost every day of the week... and it's a complete pain in the hole.
dont feature anyone on thumped that doesnt provide these things for you. Myspace is a human rights abuse now. I deleted mine and if i need to look at it to find something out then that info is not worth finding out and i can do without it. Total gash.

hey it's a serious question!

I find i still almost invariably end up there when looking for info / pictures of bands to use on the site. Doesn't really cut it for either.

The point you make is serious... until everyone solidifies around an alternative it is still the de facto king of music on the internet... most industry jerks still look at it, sadly, which is why ours still exists... though I trashed the arse myspace player ages ago... for a soundcloud one... at least that works...

I think, honestly, that folks that write about bands should ask what link the band wants to provide.... I have publicly disowned myspace a million times and yet music journos still post the link... which annoys me, but sure, that's just a minor complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back