• Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 1

roxy

Website
Visit site
Heyiz

This Easter Monday tune into Phantom 105.2 (or listen online at www.phantom.ie) from 1-6pm to hear MyList when Phantom hands over the airwaves to some of the biggest names in music.

We asked some favourite Phantom artists to talk about their top 5 songs of all time, and tomorrow you can hear them explain what songs they chose and why they love them. Plus we'll also play the tracks in their entirety exactly as they chose them - no cheating, we play what they asked us to play .

Who did we speak to?

Well... for starters there's

Bloc Party
Ben Folds
Kaiser Chiefs
Peter Buck from REM
Charlotte Hatherley
The Rapture
Klaxons

....and lots more besides...

So if you wanna hear them chat exclusively to Phantom about what music inspires them, tune your ears to 105.2 from 1pm. (They chose some absolutely incredible music too so you do NOT wanna miss it.)

MyList
1-6pm
Easter Monday 9th April

Phantom 105.2 in Dublin or
Listen online at www.phantom.ie

Plus, we'll put up the entire track listing plus album details after the show on www.phantom.ie

Seeyiz
Fiona

Listening to this show all day today and its the bloody business! I've never heard such a great selection of tunes on Phantom. Keep this thing up. never heard Kate Bush on Phantom before, she should be on way,way more
.|..|

Listening to this show all day today and its the bloody business! I've never heard such a great selection of tunes on Phantom. Keep this thing up. never heard Kate Bush on Phantom before, she should be on way,way more
.|..|

Indeed. Fair play to Charlotte Hatherley, she had a great selection. Kate Bush followed by Captain Beefheart followed by Clor..heh. And I dunno how often Big Black have been played on Dublin commercial radio at 3.30pm or whatever time it was...

Glad you enjoyed it, Bunny. Cheers.

The full tracklisting will be up on www.phantom.ie tommorrow, by the way, so you can see the five choices from the ten artists in the order we played them

F

And I dunno how often Big Black have been played on Dublin commercial radio at 3.30pm or whatever time it was...

Yeah ..... I was only half-listening and heard Big Black in the background on the radio... thought I was hallucinating. Big Black should be playlisted! We demand it! Who chose that anyway?

Yeah ..... I was only half-listening and heard Big Black in the background on the radio... thought I was hallucinating. Big Black should be playlisted! We demand it! Who chose that anyway?

Oh and maybe you didn't hear the actual interview clips we played, but for whichever of the three Klaxons nominated it, his reason for loving Big Black was the fact that he worked in a record shop and loved playing Passing Complexion at full volume and watching people becoming visibly disorientated...

Shockingly, Gavin Friday and Kaiser Chiefs have the most obvious/predictable lists.
10/10 for Juliette Lewis having Killing Joke in her list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back