My toenail is about to come off... (1 Viewer)

CinnamonBoy

...will it grow back?

I'm kinda scared. What happens when there's no nail? Are you susceptible to infections? Will my foot eventually have to come off??

I can't afford the doctor, I'm going to Sweden on Friday.

how much of it? You'd be liable to get infections alright, you'd probably wanna wash it/actually go to a doctor

also, which toe?

The second biggest toe. On both feet. They're hanging on by a milimetre. Maybe I should just rip them off and be done with it.

I forgot to clip them before running the marathon. So after a while they began to dig in to the skin in front off/beneath them every time I pressed down. Very painful it was too. The tops of my toes were black and blue afterwards. The nails were fine though.

This is all icky. I hate feet as it is.

they'll grow back. Get a nail clippers and cut it off if its hanging, its much more hygienic. Then wash your feet and keep them clean.

When I was like ten, I managed to get foot caught under a blade and cut the top part of my big toe clean off, there was blood everywhere but the nail was hanging out. They banadaged it up and then they cut it off. Its safer than it accidentally getting knocked off.

That would hurt!!!!!

...will it grow back?

I'm kinda scared. What happens when there's no nail? Are you susceptible to infections? Will my foot eventually have to come off??

I can't afford the doctor, I'm going to Sweden on Friday.

they check toenails at sweden airport. You won't get in unless all are accounted for.

sorry to be the one to break it to you

if you concentrate really hard you can make it grow back super-fast.

on a seriouser note, yes it will grow back. It will feel weird at first but you'll be grand. It won't be pretty to look at but you are unlikely to die from it. It won't grow fully back for 6 weeks or so. Until then, keep your shoes on at all times.

prise them gently off, they'll come back. or wait for them to fall off. i left one of my toenails at some waterfall in thailand and it's growing back fine.
and no, you don't have to keep your shoes on!

[quote/]

I dunno if I can do that.

I might tie string around them and attach it to a door handle, loose-tooth style.[/quote]

Nice knowing you, that's hurt like crazy

Everyone seems to be treating this as if it's all perfectly normal.

HIS FUCKING TOE-NAILS ARE FALLING OFF!!!!!!!

Fuck's sake, I feel sick just thinking about it.

dont keep your shoes on. let air at them.
get anti-infection powder and clean them and apply powder ever morning an night.

i had an infected ingrown toenail.
not cool man. not cool.

a friend of mine has NO nail on one big toe and a small, thick square of nail in the centre of his other big toe. he had to get them both yanked out AT THE ROOT when he was younger because they were ingrown. apparently if they are taken out at the root they won't grow back, so the little square he has on one toe is a renegade piece of nail. needless to say, he's not partial to wearing sandals.

Toe and finger nails surprisingly enouch grow like skin and not as you would prolly think, up from the bottom like a roller blind .
I stuck a drill through my thumbnail and it came back.Slowly.

I was of the understanding that since it's not your big toe you should be alright

I was of the understanding that since it's not your big toe you should be alright

I've twice lost the big toe nail offa my right foot (due to bruising) and it's grown back fine both times - took the best part of a year each time though, my toenails grow fierce slow.

If your gonna yank it off can you film the experience and youtube it? Please?

It's gonna hurt like hell, I've lost a good few nails and they've all hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back