Music Ireland at the RDS (3 Viewers)

Umfufu

The bird just told me about this.
Looks like it might be ok. Recording tips as well as music gear.

Anyone go to it last year?
I want to think it'd be a muso's dream but worried it might be pile o'shite, like most things in this world.

musicireland.ie

It's a very cold giant music shop

Might go so.
Can you actually try out loads of different guitars, amps & recording gear or do you have to look at some middle-aged guy, with a disheartening amount of talent for a man in a suit, using it?

Might go so.
Can you actually try out loads of different guitars, amps & recording gear or do you have to look at some middle-aged guy, with a disheartening amount of talent for a man in a suit, using it?

There's actually loads of guitars and drums and things plugged in and you can stick on headphones and give them a shot. I went 2 years ago and it was decent, although there wasn't much of a buzz cos there it was fairly empty. The guests they have this year (Geoff Travis and that) are more appealing, but don't think I'll make the trek over.

Is there any actual reason to go for three days? Do they rotate the exhibits or something? Would hop in for a few hours but they only seem to be selling weekend tickets.

EDIT: Sorry, i'm an idiot, didn't see the tickets on the door.

I went to this last year.

Came home with a bunch of crap. Marshall biro for example.

Good place to have a look at some shit, but still cheaper to buy abroad(thomann)
the sellers really should be doing more of a discount to justify this thing.

The air guitar competition is not as cool as it sounds.

I'll prolly go again this year, but after last years let down, I'm not expecting much.

EDIT: Almost forgot. Met Phillo's ma last year.

I was at this last year. It was interesting with lots of stuff that looked cool. Everything seemed expensive and I bought nothing.
I played the electronic drums for an hour and a half or something. There was loads of little kids that wanted a go. “Tough shit losers!!!” Is what I said to them.

Don’t think I paid in either.
I am sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back