Music DVDs (1 Viewer)

Is that the 8 dvd box set?
ReadySteadyJedi said:
That whole blues series of DVDs is excellent, especially the one on the piano blues. The one with chuck d has it's moments too, just a pity leonard chess is such a dick. Tonight i'm supposed to be getting that film about the blues/soul backing band that never got the credit they deserved or something. Looks ace!

madness -take it or leave it ,is fuckin class its basically the band at the heght of their fame reinacting early days as the invaders doing all rockabilly covers right up to their first gig as madness, playing in the actuall places they originally giged like the dublin castle in camden, if you had no interest whatsoever in madness(bless us and save us) you would enjoy this

The 2 "Decline of Western Civilization"s (Punk Years and Metal Years) are pretty good too...dude from (WASP? i think) lounging in his leathers in a pool, drunk as fuck...Ozzy with the DT's pouring OJ for brekkie...classy.

Deadly id love to see them.Finished a great book about the early delta blues a while back.
ReadySteadyJedi said:
That's the ones. Gift. You can get them in singles for about twenty notes a piece.

brian/heathons said:
Deadly id love to see them.Finished a great book about the early delta blues a while back.
Name?

The decline metal one is brilliant, would love to see it again actually. That madness film is gift also, i remember they showed it one night back to back with the live at finsbury park, excellent stuff.

I actually just picked up the Last Waltz DVD last night for $6.50 CDN that's about...E3.75? The only crap thing about it is the archival jam footage...why does every jam turn into some crappy 12-bar blues? Neil Young was deadly though...RIngo on drums: LOOKS like he's doing a lot, but really no.

I just thought of this and i don't know why nobody's brought it up - the Wilco DVD. Probably my second or third all time favourite music DVD. ALl beatufiully shot in black and white, great scenes with band members fighting and such, tonnes of live footage, and each song off the album is played totally different to how it is on the album, in my own opinion, the versions on the DVD blow the album versions out of the water. Essential.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I just thought of this and i don't know why nobody's brought it up - the Wilco DVD. Probably my second or third all time favourite music DVD. ALl beatufiully shot in black and white, great scenes with band members fighting and such, tonnes of live footage, and each song off the album is played totally different to how it is on the album, in my own opinion, the versions on the DVD blow the album versions out of the water. Essential.
fucking hell, YES!!! i forgot about this one - it's the same for me, probably my second favourite of all time. the extra footage of Jeff and Jay doing "Cars Can't Escape" is worth the price alone, IMHO.

There's also "Let It Be", which is a good video of a band falling apart...and the Rolling Stone's "Rock n Roll Circus" is a great film too. Keef on bass guitar...just looks odd...

It was a Muddy Waters biography with a full history of the delta blues encompassed within.I left it in work but il get it tommorrow and tell you.
ReadySteadyJedi said:
Name?

The decline metal one is brilliant, would love to see it again actually. That madness film is gift also, i remember they showed it one night back to back with the live at finsbury park, excellent stuff.

Anthony said:
Is the Maiden one "the early years" any good Gary? The clips on their website look pretty good.
It's really worth getting. Tons of early live stuff and the Documentary is pretty long and goes pretty in depth.
I just hope the second one,if it happens ,will be as good

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back