Music body may act on illegal downloading (1 Viewer)

I'm sure there's planty people in every record company with their fingers on the pulse, it doesn't mean the people up at the top will pay any attention to them. I think things will change gradually as people from the downloading generation start moving into the record companies, but that's only going to happen slowly.

..but if they aren't being listened to and they dont think this is a runner the point remains? why bother being the people who developing all the tech to do it? If I wasn't interested in a medium or thought it would kill profits of my buisness I would never spend the money bringing out ipods and mp3 players and whatnot.

Not all record companies are doing the same things technology-wise, record companies are slowly changing, but the majority will wait until somoene makes genuine headway in the internet market and makes some money before they'll even consider jumping on the bandwagon.

Ed said:
As regards whether downloading music is theft, to be honest i believe it is, people can try to justify it to themselves however they want, but in the end it's still theft.
No, it's not.

yours,
Mr. Pedantic.

'The Effect of File Sharing on Record Sales - An Empirical Analysis'
by some fella from Harvard Business School

http://www.unc.edu/~cigar/papers/FileSharing_March2004.pdf

Note that this was an empirical study - an actual measurement - and not some theoretical blarney. Main conclusion: 'Downloads have an effect on sales which is statistically indistiguishable from zero'

Like I was saying earlier - the facts have nothing to do with the debate, the mooks are driven by fear

the only stuff i've ever downloaded i've always bought the album, ep, single, whatever unless i think its shite and in that case as pete said earlier i wouldnt have bothered getting their records anyhow

i dont care anyway i just got a big fuck off cheque from imro weighin in at just under a fiver... i've a feelin it wouldve made the 6 mark had it not been for eh... downloading though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back