Mumblin' Deaf Ro/Keith Moss double headliner (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Magee

Website
www.myspace.com
Sugar Club Friday 30th May Doors 8pm Admission 8 euro
Keith Moss/Mumblin' Deaf Ro double headliner
Support from Michael Knight

Late band The Temps @ midnight

Mumblin’ Deaf Ro - when he fingerpicks his guitar he sounds like Mississippi John Hurt and the Reverend Gary Davis, and when he sings he is compared to Captain Beefheart and Van Dyke Parkes

Keith Moss - sounds like the indie kid that Syd Barrett and Patti Smith should have had

Michael Knight – a mixture of Brian Wilson and Burt Bacharach

PRESS RELEASE (courtesy of Oisin of the Sugar Club)

Forget your mud covered, urine stinking festivals. The gig of the year will be taking place right here in The Sugar Club on Friday May 30th. Two of the nation's finest young singer songwriters will be coming together for a night of beautiful acoustica, sharp social commentary, emotionally honest ballads and wit riddled lunacy.

I shall present you with a short biog of each artist in very quick bullet point format:

M = Mumblin Deaf Ro
K = Keith Moss
Kn = Michael Knight

M - was born in Dublin and when he fingerpicks his guitar he sounds like Mississippi John Hurt and the Reverend Gary Davis, and when he sings he is compared to Captain Beefheart and Van Dyke Parkes.
K - was born in Dublin sounds like the indie kid that Syd Barrett and Patti Smith should have had.
Kn - hails originally from Limerick, sounds like a mixture of the best bits of Brian Wilson and Burt Bacharach

That may be all well and good Oisin, but that's your opinion and you're totally biased. What do our respected Music hacks think of of the aforementioned?

M "An idiosyncratic gem..... cherish it - ****" The Irish Times
"Hilariously skewed and witty"- The Sunday Tribune
" A certified grower that in time reveals itself to be both slyly observant and unabashedly romantic" - The Event Guide

K " a curious mixture of Bernard Butler and Loudon Wainwright III., he's an instinctive performer and someone to keep a judicious eye out for"- The Irish Times
"He's the endearing epicentre of all things eccentric... and utterly mesmerising amalgam of Nick Drake and a stoned Weird Al Jancovic. The songs host a sublime pop sensibility..."- Hot Press

Well that's actually quite impressive. Where have they played before and have they have received any merits for their work?

M Supports with Stoat, Boa Morte and The Holy Ghost Fathers. Sold out album launch gig at The Lower Deck. Everybody was given a copy of "Senor, My Friend" with ticket price. A most generous gesture.

K Winner of 2000's IMRO Unplugged act. Completed Irish tour with the Ruby Sessions and The Bitter End Birthday party @ The Sugar Club.

Kn Upcoming suports with El Diablo and the Tycho Brahe, also featured at the Ballroom of Romance

Any last words from the boys?

M My album was recorded on a Roland VS-880 digital 8 track over a period of a year and a half. The finished product was printed up in a Czech sweatshop and cost about the same as a year's car insurance. The tunes are whistleable and the lyrics are, generally speaking, about the doing of acts and/or the determination of questions.

K Now with management, playing with a band so smoking that they fume billowing black plumes, and with the greatest songs this side of Azerbaijan, isn't it time you opened your listening legs to the musical phallus of the man who prompted another scribe from Hot Press to proclaim,"Honest,original and individual, the spirit of'76 lives and breathes through this little known genius."

Kn Have begun recording an EP of some sort...so expect a release some time in the summer...will be filled with the usual melodic delights and unexpected harmonic twists I claim to provide...

VITAL STATISTICS

Double Headliner with Keith Moss and Mumblin Deaf Ro, support from Michael Knight
Doors 8pm/Adm.€8
Late band The Temps @ midnight
For more info or photos please contact Oisin Davis on 6787188
www.thesugarclub.com

wow! you guys sound really good. i'll be there, but don't let that put anyone else off.

by the way, that www.villainrecords.com site hasn't been updated in ages. what's the story? it looks really cool, but why hasn't that unit seven prick updated it? it's not like he does anything else with his time. i think you should give him a good root up the gary glitter.

wow, this thread is generating a lot of interest boys, a LOT of interest.

it doesn't need me to put it back upto the top of the queue. No sirrrreeee! this is a big thread. a BIG thread.

i was just trying out some new sites this evening, and i noticed how good villain records web site looks. It looks GOOD . Updated too. Ye must have got that unit seven prick up off his tony blair.

mmmm... this looks kinda interesting too: alt pop records. NICE

am growing a goatee especially for this gig. will then shave it off for charity.

Re: Re: Mumblin' Deaf Ro/Keith Moss double headliner

Originally posted by egg_
This is ridiculous. MDR sounds NOTHING AT ALL like Beefheart
Sorry - that's me being a bit lazy - just pulled it from Sugar Club guy's press release...

Originally posted by Mumblin Deaf Ro
Sexton, I like the cut of your many jibs. How is that fat chick obsession working out for ya?

Ro, you know how I don't like that brought up in public. I'm trying to ingratiate myself with the music types and you have to drag all that up. In any case after the hassle I had to go through to get that wart on my thing removed, I'm not so much into the fat birds anymore.

D'you reckon I have any chance of scoring at this gig?

Emm, I suppose it's a thingsyouremissing gig int it? Keith's not involved in villain. He suggested doing it together coz we've played before.

I will be playing on my toblerone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back